All reviews bass pro shop sports bar outlet mall on site restaurant baseball stadium atlanta braves the hotel offers bath and body works products reception area is corner room electronic devices parking lot sams club the king size bed hotel is located stayed for one night front desk staff
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed for a weekend conference, the staff were wonderful and friendly. The room was clean but the bed was lumpy and the AC unit was very noisy. I only ate the food the my conference provided and it was terrible. My steak was hard as rock and everything else was cold. If I was staying one night I would stay again, but I think I'll stay in a nicer hotel in Jackson.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Gautiergirl2013,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was a pleasure to have hosted your recently and I am delighted that you found our hotel staff to be friendly.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your room accommodation and with the food served. I have shared your comments with our hotel management to look into and reconsider making improvements where needed.

Once again, thank you for staying and I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This property is about 10 minutes away from the airport, next to MS outlet mall and the bass pro shops. ( There is also a SAM's club a bit further away)

It seems new, however if you look a bit deeper, there are signs of bad workmanship all around, especially in the shower area, where there are gaps in the caulk, peeling wall paper etc. Things that should not be there in a relative new property.

The pick up van is clean and on time, however our driver was as unsocial as they can be. But ok, he is not hired for his tour guiding skills, however a friendly face can make a big difference.
Check in was quick and easy, no issue there. Everything was ready to go.

The room was clean and typical, with the HI amenities. The water pressure in the shower was just plain bad. And of course the previous mentioned appearance issues.

Internet log in is quick and the speed is constant throughout the property.
There is a small pool, no Jacuzzi or sauna. (did not use it)

The on-site restaurant is alright. The food selection is alright, the quality is alright, the service is alright. Nothing to write home about. Being were this property is, and if you do not have a car, you have limited choices on where to eat. The on-site restaurant, the Bass-pro restaurant or the food court in the mall.

Why do I rate this property an average, because it is just alright all around. I did not run into any employee that was truly outstanding. The front desk manager calling me "dude" I really did not appreciate. Please change your verbiage to Ma'am or Sir.
Unless you have a car, there is nothing to do but visit the (so so) outlets and Bass pro shop.

So, fairly close to the airport, ok food, ok service, clean rooms with some minor issues and good internet. You decide.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear dooandherb,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister and I stayed 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Trustmark Park in Pearl MS in May 2014. She had a doctor's appt in Jackson so we made a weekend shopping trip and getaway. First of all, the room we had was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Location is everything, with the Outlets of MS and Basspro within walking distance. The Trustmark ballpark is also within walking distance. We ate breakfast at the little sports bar restaurant in the hotel which was very good, there was no complimentary breakfast. Overall a nice clean room, with comfortable beds and nice friendly staff with a great location to shopping and restaurants. Loved it!! and will be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

One of the best hotels i have stayed at. Only BAD is the soft water which means you can't rinse soap off your body while showering. Oh well. Got a suite on 5th floor which was huge and had a separate room for the bedroom - and a 2nd AC unit in the bedroom. Way to go Holiday Inn - trash can liners in the trash cans - I love it. Why doesn't Hilton properties understand the importance of this?? Watch out Hilton & Marriott - Holiday Inn is right there with you and somewhat better. I will be staying less at Hilton's and Marriott's - and looking for more Holiday Inn's. THANKS! Location is perfect - right across street from ballpark where Mississippi Braves play baseball. Also immediately next to Bass Pro Shop and a large outdoor outlet mall, all within walking distance. PERFECT choice to stay for a trip to Jackson. Note that hotel is in a dry county but I found a liquor store a few miles away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JimB_Traveler
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here one night on business. The rooms and the property were both very clean and comfy, with a fridge and microwave in the rooms. Hallways were clean and very quiet which made for a good night sleep.
Did not get to use any other amenities, but wifi in rooms was fast and easy.

Room Tip: Back side of property was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business