“Very ice....”

Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 4 November 2009

The hotel had all of the amenities anyone would want. Amenities include indoor swimming pool, exercise room, microwave, refrigerator, bar, restaurant. Rooms were very nice and clean. The beds were extremley comfortable. On the downside, the hotel offers no free contiental breakfast. There is a restuaurant within the hotel but it's a little pricey. The hotel is located off to itself which is nice because it is quiet. You could not here any traffic from Interstate 20. The only problem is being able to find it. There is no sign that you can see from the interstate to designate that it is there. The hotel is located adjacent to the Bass Pro Shop and baseball stadium. Numerous eating establishments are with a mile of the hotel. For those having an extended stay the hotel has washing machines and dryers.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 October 2009

I wanted to something special for my husband's birthday. (steak dinner and a night alone) I just happen to come across The Holiday Inn at Trustmark Park online. They have a "Romance Package" that had everything. For $223.44, (with tax) we got a HHUUGGEE king jacuzzi suite, steak dinner for two, dessert, two dozen roses, rose petals, candles, and a much needed night to ourselves. The staff was helpfull and very attentive. The hotel itself is in a good location and very clean. We had no problems other than our meals being about 10 minutes late each time. We will def. be going back and I will tell all of my friend's husbands about this package! ;)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovedPearl_Ms
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Upon arriving at our room on the fourth floor, we saw nothing but dirty dishes left over from breakfast and empty beer bottles lining the walls of the entire hall. After my husband removed his shoes in the room, we realized that the carpet was soaking wet and soapy from an apparently very recent shampooing. There was dried up food that looked like pieces of rice stuck in the sink by the microwave. Also, there were no towels anywhere to be found in our room. We went out for the afternoon/evening hoping to return to a clean room only to find the dirty dishes and beer bottles still sitting in the hall from breakfast that morning and the same problems in the room. After complaining to the front desk, we were told that we would only be charged $30 for the room, were given some towels, and the head of housekeeping herself said that she would come dry up the carpet with a shop vac/clean out the sink. After about 15 minutes, a young man arrives at our door to dry up the carpet (not the head of housekeeping). He proceeded to use our clean towels to stomp around on the floor and attempt to dry it up. He then took the nasty towels and wiped out the sink, expecting us to accept it as cleaned up! We then had to go back down to the front desk to yet again ask for towels. At this point my husband and I were so tired we just went to bed. At check out the next day, instead of paying the anticipated $30 as we were told the night before, the manager decided to up the price to $55. After an argument, I agreed to pay the $55 just to get out of that place, but then, when the girl behind the desk was handing me my change, she shorted me $100. This place ruined our weekend get-away. Sleeping in your car on the side of the road would be better than this place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CooperD01
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I usually do not stay at Holiday Inns, preferring to stick to Hilton chain quality. This Holiday Inn met and exceeded the quality level I would expect.
Pros: newly constructed, decent bar (only beer served though), decent restaurant, convenient location, clean
Cons: none - I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for both business and family travelers

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Located across from Trustmark Park in Pearl, MS, Holiday Inn is an affordable and efficient option for business travelers. It took about 15 minutes to get from the airport to the Holiday Inn. The area in which the hotel is located is filled with restaurants and shops.

The rooms are highly functional and well laid out. Free wireless (and wired!) Internet service and ample desk space make working while on the road a breeze.

Amenities in the room were above par and featured a mini-fridge and a microwave, coffee maker, etc. The beds are very comfortable and the room is well air conditioned by a floor a/c unit located by the window. The bathroom is spacious and well laid out. Plenty of closet space and hangers.

The hotel bar was nice and offered a endless selection of bottled beers. Food was good -- certainly above my expectations.

The staff was exceptionally helpful and courteous (thanks, Chris, Marcus and Bridget).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Seaworm
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I was recently stuck in Jackson overnight because I missed the last flight out. I started heading into Jackson when I decided to go ahead and stop in the area and find a hotel. This hotel is located between the airport and Jackson - sort of a compromise, I guess.

No reservations, so I just walked up, and was offered a decent rate at the front desk - supposedly a few bucks off the rate, too. Front desk clerk was very efficient and pleasant.

As at least one other person said, the elevators are extremely slow. Don't know why, but more than once I tried to get off too early, thinking that surely I was to my floor already!

Room was well appointed - clean and modern furnishings. All the usual stuff, plus flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.

Important point - beds were comfortable. Each bed had a choice of soft and firm pillows, so you could pick whichever made you happy.

Bathtub is one of those low "soaking" tubs - too low to really take a good bath. Also as others have said, it could really use a towel rod near the tub/shower, but I survived.

Breakfast in the restaurant was really pretty good. It wasn't as if I was expecting something bad, but I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. The restaurant / bar is apparently a sports bar themed place, so there were numerous large flat screens around the walls, but each both also had it's own small TV that you could adjust - nice touch.

Bass Pro Shop is next door, ball park is across the street, and there are numerous other fast food / casual dining places within a mile.

I didn't find any problems with noise, but maybe I was just lucky and/or tired.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank CSL63
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Negatives: Thin walls. Slow elevator. No towel bar. Cheap shower/tub. No glass cups. Breakfast not-included. No morning paper. Trash didn't get emptied, everyday.

Positives: Responsive front desk. Affordable restaurant. Good shower head. Pillow menu(!) Walked to ballpark.

This hotel is memorable because our waitress got more wrong than right. It was so ridiculous, that it was funny. She was a terrific, enjoyable, young lady, but in the wrong profession. It was quirky, which added character.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thehillfamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
#15 of 19 in Pearl
3 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area? Share your experiences!