“Poor Service, Poor Upkeep, Poor Customer Relations”

Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Helena, Montana
“Poor Service, Poor Upkeep, Poor Customer Relations”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I booked this room to occupy 6 people. The staff ensured this would be sufficient. It was suppossed to be a King bed, a double bed, and a foldout couch. I was given a king bed and a foldout couch.
The foldout couch didnt have linens. When I asked for them, they made me come fetch them. They handed me two sheets. I asked for an additional blanket and pillows. The staff refused because there were no extra (not even for the room I occupied for 6 people). We should share the ones we had.
I complained immediately and asked for the manager to contact me asap through IHG, before I checked out. I stayed an additional day with no response from management.
We went to use the pool the following day. The pool was covered in green algae and debris. This was multiple days without maintenance. When finally contacted by the management 5 days later, she stated in broken English it was from a recent storm. A recent storm hadnt occurred in a week prior.
The Manager offerred to compensate me with bonus points to make up for their lack of service. I concurred and she allotted me 500 bonus points. WOW!!! 500 points for a piss poor stay with no linen, a dirty pool, substandard service, terrible attitudes, and a manager that doesnt speak Engrish properly. Im not sure what Im gonna do with my 500 points; maybe that'll get me a candy bar somewhere. Maybe she couldve tossed me a "shiny quarter". This room rewards for 20,000 IHG Bonus Points. Dont waste your money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank timex_cowboy
VBarot12, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the swimming pool. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at ways to better improve ourselves and the property. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great place to stay. Free B-fast and internet included in their normal pricing unlike some of the other hotels that make you pay for internet and no free b-fast. Service was always quick and friendly. Staff were very nice and responsive to every question/request....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hv5822
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Super hotel conveniently located near Jackson. It is located close to the airport right off the freeway with many restaurants (food places) surrounding it. The traffic was very light.
The staff was very polite and courteous. The rooms were great, nice decor, clean and very fresh scented. Free wifi, microwave, refridgerator in room. Excercise room was conveniently located on the first floor. They have just enough equipment for you to get a nice sweat.
Breakfast in the lobby was a very nice selection of pancakes, eggs, cereal, rolls and all that good stuff. We stayed for six days. I definitely recommend Holiday Inn Express Pearl Jackson. Excellent for the dolllar value.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dreamwk00
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 October 2013

the hotel is modern and clean. the room had a flat-screen HDTV, fridge and microwave. the wifi is decent. the room was quiet considering the location on the interstate. the sweet roll at breakfast is tasty. i would stay here again but hopefully i will not need to go back to jackson.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We checked in this evening. Was a little difficult to find since google maps didn't know the address. Check-in was quick and friendly. Rooms are nice and big enough. However we only realized after dropping our bags and returning from dinner that the housekeeping is definitely not good. The bathroom floor has hair all over it, the corners haven't been cleaned in a while, there is some sticky dried mass on the bathroom floor, the wall and the shower curtain. This would be a decent hotel if housekeeping would do their job. Dirty is something I can't deal with and I am glad we are leaving tomorrow morning.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank SarahTX
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear SarahTX,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our room accommodation and check in experience. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the level of cleanliness. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We travel for business and oftentimes stop at Holiday Inn Express but this location is not hitting the mark. When we arrived it was obvious the young lady didn't' t really want to be working. We checked in and went to our room, we noticed a previous customer had stuffed tissue in the 2 peepholes in the door, apparently fearful someone could see in. I understand, but housekeepers did not remove these in their cleanung--what else was not cleaned/ changed?I alerted the front desk lady who' s response as if why are you telling me. Nothing was done. What did I expect-- her or someone to go& remove and spray clean the door-- not. We had a handicapped accessible room, which we requested, the shower head holder clamp, obviously not purchased with the shower head so if not holding it, it will hang down to the floor spraying whatever, so unable to use . We Don' t sleep well at night--mattress feeling to me like a hospital bed mattress, finally got to sleep this am when housekeeping presses the doorbell once , one knock and leaves. Doorbell sounds like a fire alarm--loud and shrill. Having been in 3 previous hotels that have had fire alarms go off for fires, this elicits an immediate stress response. When my husband gets to door-- no one. Back to bed and drift off to sleep to awaken to someone opening our door-- unable to fully open because of the latch. No knock, no announcement, just letting themselves in-- housekeeping. Of course we are angry. She apologizes, but at 9: 40 and 3 1/2 hr sleep, we decide we need to leave.Go to front desk to turn in keys and get final receipt. No one there. Say hello, hello. Nothing wait repeat. After about 5-7 min. A lady comes out of kitchen. I explain I want to check out and get final receipt." Didn' t you get one? "If I had , would I be standing there, waiting to leave? Then, apparently, trying to find a reason not to come, asks if we made our reservation thru Expedia. No, we PD cash. Reluctantly she comes. When she looks at receipt she sees the lady had charged us $5.00 too much but looking thru papers couldn' t find the check in paper. I went to car to get my copy, and eventually, she handw rites a statement that she was giving me $5.00 to sign and we leave. Now Holiday Inn has 100% satisfaction guarantee. She did say she would tell manager of the housekeeper episode, since it STILL was' t check out time. Will we stop there again-- not likely. Good luck if you do.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear cajunroadwarrior,

Thank you very much for leaving us with your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We would also like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a Private Message.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for the night, on a road trip from Dallas to Atlanta. We were exhausted, and had planned on finding hotel in Jackson, Mississippi, as it was the halfway point to our destination. After seeing the options in Jackson, we decided it best to get as far away from there as possible! The motels there were surrounded by tall metal fences and locked gates. Very spooky! So we were happy to find this place, an oasis. They were booked solid as were the Holiday Inns for many miles in all directions. I won't go into detail, but the very nice lady, her name was Alicia, she went above and beyond the call of duty to get us safe and settled. Her very kind and helpful ways have insured that we will continue to support Holiday Inn whenever possible. We had been leaning towards Sheraton, but they'll need to take their place behind HI. The lady manager the next morning was nice too, hotel was very clean and new. We had a corner suite. Nice!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family