“Friendly staff, but disappointing accommodations.”

Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Normally, my family stays in Hilton Garden Inns when we travel. We like the consistent high quality across the chain from location to location - nicely appointed, clean rooms, great breakfast and friendly people. The HGI nearby didn't have a double room available, so we booked at Hampton Inn.

The front desk staff was friendly as we checked in, & the lobby and breakfast area had recently been redone. Upon entering our room, there was a noticeable musty smell. The bathroom appeared clean but the furnishings were old and showed noticeable signs of wear. The top of the dresser had a hardened substance in several places that looked similar in color to wood filler, but was clearly not there to fill the wood. It looked dirty. The beds were comfortable.

A large, full bag of trash was left in the hallway by the elevators for over an hour. Breakfast was standard Hampton fare, a variety of choices. My daughter reported that the milk she poured on her cereal was not cold, and though we ate at different times and I did not have milk, I did notice that the milk pitchers weren't sitting in ice, nor did they appear to be insulated.

I would not return to this hotel. It is clearly in need of attention to detail in housekeeping, food safety, and room furnishings. Even for Hilton's lower price point options, this hotel does not meet Hilton's basic level of quality. Again, staff was friendly, & if I had planned to stay more than one night, I would have addressed these concerns directly to management.

• Stayed: July 2014
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

On behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. We are disappointed to learn of your unpleasant satisfaction and as always we like to ensure that our guest feel cared for, valued and respected which is our brand promise. Our guest satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had three days of training in Jackson area; it was nice to come back to a clean hotel with helpful clerks. I slept in most mornings so I did not take full advantage of the free breakfast, but grabbed some fruit and yogurt to go. The room was quite, the parking was adequate, the hotel entrance was a little hard to find at first but not really a big problem. The only problem or thing I didn't like was the shower/tub it held water where you stood and the showerhead didn't work well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool it was the only thing to view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience when you visited. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience. Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a great family reunion there. We were treated real nice. We especially enjoyed our complimentary breakfast where there was so much good food. The kitchen attendant/cook was nice, clean, professional, and friendly. When I come to Jackson again, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn. Our staff and team members really appreciate everyone for staying here with us during your family reunion. If your traveling needs bring you all back this way again, please come back and visit with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very hard to find, located behind another hotel and have to drive down an alley to get there. Not as clean as Hamptons i have stayed in, long hair in the bathroom floor. Disinfectant overwhelmed you every time you walk in the room. Just not up to my Hampton standards.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review of your recent past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that you had a disappointing experience regarding your stay.. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you for bringing this to my attention so that i may follow up with our staff. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and will definietly keep your comments in mind.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel, great staff, and great service. The only drawback is that it sits back off the road behind a couple of other buildings, so getting in and out can be a minor issue. The staff was very helpful is getting items faxed for me, and the hot cookies at check in really were a nice touch.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn. Your opinion is very important to us and we hope that you will come back and stay again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Other than a hiccup with my laundry and the loss of a few items my stay at this hotel went well. It's location was good and the hotel staff were, without exception, excellent. My room was clean and comfortable, typical of the quality I expect and enjoy from Hampton Inn hotels all across the country.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for you recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of the mishap with your laundry and items, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests' satisfaction is our main priority and i assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideraion so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

A good stop on I-20. Great value and family friendly. Other properties around it are not so good. It's close to food and entertainment. The breakfast is good and parking easy. We stayed twice going and coming.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that when you are in the Jackson/Pearl area you will stay with us again.