See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked a room through priceline. The price was awesome, especially once I saw the location and beauty of the hotel. However, priceline hadn't given the information to the hotel yet. The front desk attendant, Odean, was afraid they may not have a room to accommodate me. While I called priceline, Odean went and check on a room, then came back, got the information and placed us in our room. Being from Texas and having driven to Mississippi, I wasn't looking forward to driving another 15 minutes anywhere. Odean made it happen and made it happen in a professional manner. My family and I are driving to Florida and back and because of this lady, Baymont will get our business coming and going. She's an asset to her company and I'm glad she was on duty when we checked in. -J. Hart, Texas

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Paperboy_jkh
Bruce B, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks J. Hart of Texas for your comments on your recent stay with us. It is frustrating when things don't work out the way we want it to but it sounds as though Odean was up for the challenge and was able to overcome those obstacles that night for you and your party. Odean is a seasoned veteran with that Southern Hospitality as well. It makes it so much more challenging when selling out to assure we are able to make everyone happy and accommodate all those special requests but she does it day in and day out barely breaking a sweat. I'm glad she was on duty that night as well. Looking forward in seeing you and the family on your next cross country journeys in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

No GM on the property to assist with issues. Very relaxed and not customer friendly staff. Upon check in, toilet had a cigarette and ashes in it. Trash can without a bag and trash in the can (I have pics to prove it). Called front desk but could not be moved because the hotel was sold out. Woke up itching and notice that we had been bitten. Upon pulling the sheets back, we discovered bed bugs that had been biting us all night. Call the front desk and ask them to send a housekeeper up to the room. She confirm that it was bed bugs present. I was refunded a night's stay for the bed bugs, but not the nasty room. I presented the front desk manager photos from my phone of the dirty room. Do yourself a flavor if you stay here...turn the heat on for about 30 minutes and if the bed bugs are present, they will come out. Two weeks later, had to see a Dr. and get antibiotics/anti itch cream to assist with the break outs and low grade fever. Never again will WE stay there!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce B, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am very sorry that I was not available to speak with you upon check out enabling you the ability to share with me your unpleasant stay. I also wish you were able to change your room upon check-in when you determined the room did not meet your expectations. We have a very aggressive pest abatement program in place at the hotel taking every pest concern with the utmost seriousness. All concerns are immediately are turned over to the trained professionals to inspect and determine the best course of action. I want to thank you again as we value all comments and concerns. We share all with hotel staff so we can best meet and exceed our guest expectations. Thanks once again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014