“Bad Expierence”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Rockford, Illinois
“Bad Expierence”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This property need a complete overall, the furniture is so bad at this place, the chairs in the bedroom was so bad, I had to spread towels over it to sit on, and themn I only sat on the edge. Dust everywhere, If someone gave the furniture away in the rooms and in the lobby, I would not take it. Yes, the location was perfect, I understand from the manager ( in shorts and a shirt) oh so casual that they just bought this place from another hotel. Well they should have waited until they finished renovations before they put the Baymont name on it. We had 6 rooms and we all wanted to move, but had no where else to go. No one cleaned the lobby, because some things that we saw there the night before was still there late the next afternoon.

Room Tip: check before you check in!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Bruce B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pearl, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thanks Betty for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. I was glad that I stopped in over the weekend and met many in your party and hoped we were able to address your concerns however I am very sorry we still did not totality satisfy you during your stay. I think we all wish we could have completed a total hotel renovation all at once but unfortunately it is usually a process so when you renovate carpeting, bedding, armoire & flat screen tv the other items that weren't replaced like the guest room chairs seem to stand out. Those chairs and upgrades to the bathroom like mirrors, shower rods & curtains plus the shower heads are all slated for this year and hopefully sooner than later. Thanks again and I hope your group gives us another shot next year if you all choose to celebrate the 61st anniversary once again here in Pearl.

Bruce Britton GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Florence, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, it wasn't my first time but it proved to be great and accommadating again. I love that it is close to a variety of restaurants and the Outlet Mall of Pearl, Mississippi. I needed study time for a performance and the rooms don't have thin walls. That would have been awful. The rooms have everything you need and everything worked great. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Bruce B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pearl, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thanks Jacqualine for your recent stay as well as your valued comments. I'm glad you find it enjoyable to return to stay with us time and time again. We appreciate your patronage. I have also shared your very positive comments with the staff for they do try to be so friendly, polite and helpful. These comments really help a lot. Thanks again and looking forward for your next stay with us !!

Bruce Britton GM