“Okay Place To Sleep”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 26 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This is our second stay and it was as good as the first. It meets all my criteria, a safe, clean, good bed, under $50. Another nice thing about this place is that it is tucked away about a block from the interstate so no road noise. The breakfast is ample and we will stay again. I would agree with Louis that the manager is not a warm and fuzzy person but I got over it. Ask him if it is OK to look at his veggie garden out back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are delighted that you found your room nice, clean with comfortable bed. Also you found yourself safe and secure on our premises.We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

The General Manager was working the desk when I checked in. I understood about half of what he was saying, and my first impression was that he was not a pleasant person. He wasn't rude, but he certainly was not friendly. I was placed in a second floor room even though my reservation had requested a first floor room. Upon parking near my room, I was observed by numerous Hispanic males loitering outside several rooms near my room. In fact, I may have been the only English-speaking person on that end of the motel. I kept my gun handy. At one point, four or five Hispanic males gathered along the railing near my door and chattered loudly for well over thirty minutes. Fortunately, when it got dark, the noise abated, and eventually they all went to their rooms for the night. The room I was assigned was OK. I have stayed in far worse and at a higher price. The bed cover had a hole in it that was obviously caused by a cigarette (it was a non-smoking room). One of the pillowcases had a hole in it. The television was old but adequate. The next morning, I was up and moving around at 5:30 AM. Good thing I am an early riser because at 5:45 AM, several very loud diesel work trucks cranked up in the parking lot to get ready to haul the workers to their job site. And, at 6:00 AM, a coffee vending company truck pulled in the parking lot and backed up to the office. It had the loudest backup alarm I have ever heard. Would I ever stay here again? Not no, but hell no! I was concerned for my safety and for my vehicle the whole time I was there.

Room Tip: Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
super8pearl, Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. We do apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Thanks for let us know about your situation. As there was hail damage in this area lot of roofing company had reserved the room for their workers and almost they are Mexicans. If you felt uncomfortable might you contact front desk person than she could workout with you.Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We road trip a lot. Our basic requirements for a hotel is free WiFi, fridge, microwave, clean rooms and free breakfast. This place met all those criteria. It was fine for us. The only little SNAFU was we were first given a smoking room. A quick trip to the desk got that resolved and we were happy with that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. we are glad that we met with all your basic requirement. first you were also in non-smoking room but you informed the front desk clerk that you felt like someone had smoked in that room. Immediately front desk had moved you to another non smoking upgraded room without charged you anymore.We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Room was spacious and very accommodating. Service was the best. If ever in the area again, would stay here. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found your room very spacious and accommodating with best services.we encourage you to stay with us and do so by booking on super 8 hotel website in advance for best available rate. Once again thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Manager is always really nice & helpful. We had signed up thru Wyndham & Farm Bureau
so we could get our discounts. They put us down for a "smoking" room which we did not want and it was upstairs....the Manager changed our room to a downstairs room, 2 queen size beds. Nice of him to do that. Ended up paying a little more but we do not smoke and not able to climb the stairs.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you found your room nice and clean with friendly staff service. we encourage you to stay with us and do so by booking on super 8 hotel website in advance for the best available rate.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Cheapest one I could find. Prior reviews were not bad so I took it. 100 yards from fwy. Some good restaurants and a walmart about a mile. Cheap gas prices too compared to rest of the fwy exits in Jackson MS area. You get what you pay for. If you need a place to sleep and shower, this is awesome for the price. I made a reservation in the Super 8 website which says a family of 5 can stay in the room. When I checked in, the not so friendly front desk clerk said only 4 are allowed per room but he'll let me go this time. (Yah right!). I recommed this hotel for those who are not too picky, and are only looking for the essentials of a road trip stopover.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

thanks for taking the time out of your schedule and post this review. We are glad that you found our hotel in good location and also economical. we are inviting you welcome back to our hotel.