“the breakfast item were very few not excellent service what...”

Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Pearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here in early April. At that time, they were still remodeling a few rooms so I was unable to get a ground floor room. They did put me close to the stairs so it was much easier when I was carrying everything in.

First, I was in a remodeled room. Oh my! I loved it! Super comfortable beds! The room was clean. Yes, the sofa is a bit dated and could use a good cleaning, but other than that the room was great! The internet worked well!

Second, Breakfast is your typical Super 8 breakfast. In other words, don't expect much. When I went to check out, it was very early and my receipt was basically the "check in" copy except they had written checked out on it.

Staff was very nice. It is really close to the airport and close to the Interstate.

Next time I am in the area, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are delighted that you liked the renovated nice clean room with good front desk service. As night audit was not done that is why front desk gave you copy of registration card. Also you liked that hotel is located good near by airport.
We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel.
Lawton, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

This is our second stay and it was as good as the first. It meets all my criteria, a safe, clean, good bed, under $50. Another nice thing about this place is that it is tucked away about a block from the interstate so no road noise. The breakfast is ample and we will stay again. I would agree with Louis that the manager is not a warm and fuzzy person but I got over it. Ask him if it is OK to look at his veggie garden out back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are delighted that you found your room nice, clean with comfortable bed. Also you found yourself safe and secure on our premises.We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel.
Centerville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

The General Manager was working the desk when I checked in. I understood about half of what he was saying, and my first impression was that he was not a pleasant person. He wasn't rude, but he certainly was not friendly. I was placed in a second floor room even though my reservation had requested a first floor room. Upon parking near my room, I was observed by numerous Hispanic males loitering outside several rooms near my room. In fact, I may have been the only English-speaking person on that end of the motel. I kept my gun handy. At one point, four or five Hispanic males gathered along the railing near my door and chattered loudly for well over thirty minutes. Fortunately, when it got dark, the noise abated, and eventually they all went to their rooms for the night. The room I was assigned was OK. I have stayed in far worse and at a higher price. The bed cover had a hole in it that was obviously caused by a cigarette (it was a non-smoking room). One of the pillowcases had a hole in it. The television was old but adequate. The next morning, I was up and moving around at 5:30 AM. Good thing I am an early riser because at 5:45 AM, several very loud diesel work trucks cranked up in the parking lot to get ready to haul the workers to their job site. And, at 6:00 AM, a coffee vending company truck pulled in the parking lot and backed up to the office. It had the loudest backup alarm I have ever heard. Would I ever stay here again? Not no, but hell no! I was concerned for my safety and for my vehicle the whole time I was there.

Room Tip: Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
super8pearl, Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. We do apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Thanks for let us know about your situation. As there was hail damage in this area lot of roofing company had reserved the room for their workers and almost they are Mexicans. If you felt uncomfortable might you contact front desk person than she could workout with you.Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We road trip a lot. Our basic requirements for a hotel is free WiFi, fridge, microwave, clean rooms and free breakfast. This place met all those criteria. It was fine for us. The only little SNAFU was we were first given a smoking room. A quick trip to the desk got that resolved and we were happy with that. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. we are glad that we met with all your basic requirement. first you were also in non-smoking room but you informed the front desk clerk that you felt like someone had smoked in that room. Immediately front desk had moved you to another non smoking upgraded room without charged you anymore.We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel.
Trenton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Room was spacious and very accommodating. Service was the best. If ever in the area again, would stay here. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you found your room very spacious and accommodating with best services.we encourage you to stay with us and do so by booking on super 8 hotel website in advance for best available rate. Once again thank you for taking the time to post this review.