“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Start to the Vacation”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Birmingham
“Great Hotel, Great Service, Great Start to the Vacation”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hotel was clean, conveniently located off of the interstate and well managed. The full breakfast was hot and fresh. The pool was well maintained and clean. Our room had a frig and microwave which was very appreciated.

Room Tip: We were upper floor overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide excellent accomodations and customer service to everyone that visits us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and we are currently working to change the menu up a little to provide fresh baked goods like donuts, bagles and cinnamon rolls soon! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Jackson, MS!

Sales Director
Country Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

Room smelled like mildew, not enough lights, no lotion in bathroom, breakfast was inedible, ac did not work on first day. Whew!

• Stayed June 2012
I am so sorry your room was in such disrepair! I would love to speak to you more about this matter and encourage you to contact me via email or phone at cx_perl@countryinns.com or 601-420-2244. We strive to make each stay great and it seem that we failed you in this. I do apologize, again for the condition you found your room.

Tyler
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We had the pleasure of staying in the Country Inn and Suites on May 11, 2012. After reading the reviews I was concerned the experience would not be a pleasant one. We were pleasantly surprised. The facility is clean, nicely decorated, nicely landscaped, well-lit, and the front desk staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms are clean with comfortable bedding and everything was in proper working condition. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate. The gentleman that check us in that evening is an asset to this facility. He was knowledgeable of the area and very accommodating. I consider myself to be a discriminating traveler and I can honestly say that anyone that has any doubts of staying here should rest assured this is a very nice hotel. I truly do not understand the other reviews as I found nothing to be unsatisfactory.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I stay at Country Inn& suites for two nights and it was the best! I enjoy almost everything about this hotel! The reason I said almost everything is because they need new tv! But that really didn't matter! The front dresk and the house keepers are so friendly! They try so hard to make you feel like you are at home with your family! Yes I will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I love this hotel chain. Unfortunately this particular hotel wasn't as nice as the other Country Inns I've stayed in. The room was tolerably clean. It wasn't filthy or overly dirty, but it could have been cleaner. The fiberglass bathtub looked dirty even though it wasn't. The phone on the nightstand did not work when I tried to call the front desk about the Internet.

The room was equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. The air-conditioner worked very well. The elevator was scary. I ended up taking the stairs most of the tme. The location is not very good. The hot breakfast was good as it always is with this chain.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We strive to make every stay wonderful. We are working hard, under our new management, to correct all issues that are brought to our attention. We have done a turn over in our housekeeping department and I have shared with out head housekeeper the issues you have encountered. We have now set in place a check and balance system to ensure that our rooms are not sold at a below standards condition.

We have also communicated to our maintenance department about the phones in the rooms and the bathtubs. We are attempting to repair the bathtubs with a new method that we have not tried before to see if it will restore them to better conditions. If this does not work, we will be replacing them. We have found the issue with the phone and have corrected it. As for our elevator, we have called the repair company in and are awaiting their response to let us know what is wrong with the elevator and how we need to repair it.

We value your response to your experience and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to address the issues. We hope to wow you the next time you are in our area!

Sales Director
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 March 2012

After this hotel accepted my bid from Priceline, I then went to Trip Advisor to learn more about it. The reviews were very scary to the say the least. While this hotel was listed as a 2.5 stars, it was being run as a 1 star in 2011. I immediately called and talked with a front desk person to let him know what I read on Trip Advisor. He shared that they did a complete staff turnover in Nov. 2011 and had started renovation soon after. Most of it was completed by Jan 2012. That made me feel better and I followed up with an email stating my level of expectation for a 2.5 star hotel. Both by phone and through email, this hotel staff was very responsive. When we arrived at 11:30 pm, I was very appreciative of their well lighted parking lot. The lobby was very clean even though three bus loads of college students were there. Front desk person was ready for us. My wife is the final say on if a room is considered clean and she liked what she saw. Only due to the age of furnishings and decor, would I rate this hotel as a 2 vs. 2.5. But the key for our family is cleanliness, and we saw that in every aspect. Only a few comments that i am sure they are working on: 1. Upgrading the elevator, it felt a little shaky. 2. The TV was confusing when you turn it on. For the first 5 min. you see this TV Guide type listing and you can't do anything to it (up, down, remove it, etc.) It just stays up there. As a business traveler, I was frustrated that I couldn't view the channels I wanted to see. 3. Breakfast staff was not prepared for the number of guests that stayed the night before. The items they offered for breakfast were plentiful, but they were at zero on most items by 8 am. The staff needs to plan better next time. For the price we paid through priceline, we felt we got our $$'s worth.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This hotel was a disgrace to the hotel chain. I stay in hotels every week on business and I thought I would venture out and try something different from my normal places. What a huge mistake! This was rated a 2 1/2 star?!?! This place is not a Hampton Inn!! (Which is rated a 2 star and is vastly superior, as I have stayed there several times) The carpets were old and dirty. The TV,s were old and grainy. My comforter had dried paint on it for christ sake! And when I called the front desk to make them aware of this, her response was "sir the hotel is getting a little old, and we are going to upgrade soon" What?! Are you serious? If I could get my money back and walk, I would be outta here and never look back!!! No more Country Inn for me, lesson learned.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
We are very sorry for what you found in your room. We did review the room and found it to be below our high standards. I want to appologize to you for the condition of the room and for the response from our front desk. My General Manager and I have spoke with both our front desk and housekeeping staff and and we have retrained them. I believe that we spoke about this incident. As we discussed, I will make sure that your next visit with us will be complimentary so that we can show you that this particular room is not our normal standards and that our service will be top notch in the future.