Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 5 October 2013

*This hotel partners with the American Cancer Society*
This was a nice one night stay. I can't say enough about the courteous staff. They were great! The hotel itself is nice, though it seems a little aged. The room was nice, spacious and clean. Wasn't crazy about the location; it was convenient, but kinda tucked back behind a service station next to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Generally I like this chain but this location is average. The cleanliness is average, the bed quality is average, the breakfast, unlike all the other Country Inns I've stayed at, was pretty bland.
The people are nice and very helpful. The location is good. It's just not up to the standards I've seen at other Country Inns. Nothing terribly bad, decent place for an overnight stay, but just average.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel again for a quick business trip and was pleased with the accomodations and the excellent breakfast. The front desk attendant was a nice young lady with a very helpful and pleasant demeanor. At the rate they charge you are getting more than your money's worth. There is no doubt that I will be staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have never written a review before, but I feel like its necessary. Floors have not been vacuumed (literally stuff all over them), had to go purchase blankets because I was so disgusted, coffee in the coffee maker from the previous people. So nasty!!

• Stayed: June 2013
CISPearl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. If you wouldn't mind, please email me your room number and name so that I may do some research as to which of our staff members did not correctly clean your room. Thank you for bringing this information to my attention and I assure you that this staff member will not continue to work at our property if this is the type of service they provide for our guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I feel like I was really unlucky with this hotel room... but anyway....

Arrived at hotel at 11pm. When I got into my room, there was a strong smell and the room as really really cold... the air conditioning was set to 63F...

I was really tired and didn't want to change rooms... I just turned on the heat to warm up the room... and slept.

The next day, I left a window open and the A/C running. When I came back the smell was better... but with dusk approaching I closed the window as the mosquito net had a couple of holes in it... of course the smell started to build up again...

I was really busy working from the hotel room... I worked till late that night... way past midnight and again I did not want to change rooms... after all I was leaving in the morning...

The room had a nice LED TV, a great view to the backyard which had a pond. The carpet was quite old and seemed damp. The bath tub looked old but was clean.

There was water dripping just outside my window, maybe from the A/C unit upstairs... and also once in a while the toilet water tank would fill up...

The breakfast was quite good given the hotel rate... it had a waffle iron, 3 or 4 different types of coffee, 2 variaties of fresh fruits, a good selection of pastry, and a warm buffet with 4 options...

When I checked out, I informed the hotel staff about the issues with my bedroom and they promptly apologized, taking note of my complaints. I have also received an e-mail from the site manager apologizing for not having met my expectations and that they are looking into the issues I reported.

So for this reason I am giving Service a 5 stars. As I said, I must have been unlucky with my hotel room as the parking lot was quite full at evening.

Because of the smell, the water drips and the toilet tank filing up, I have to give sleep quality a terrible rate. Cleanliness also receives a poor rate as there was mold build up on the chest drawers and because of the carpet. I am glad I had my flip flops with me...

At least for me location was quite convenient... but certainly not much around for tourism...

My room was average, but because of the issues mentioned before it gets a 2 stars

Breakfast was the highlight, so 4 stars for the restaurant.

Room service gets a terrible as they did not clean the mold on the chest of drawers...which was quite visible as you can see it on the pictures...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
CISPearl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Rest assured that the hotel is looking into these issues and will fix them before your next arrival to the area.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Kyle at the front desk was awesome-very helpful, too, as we did not have a reservation. He quickly got us the room type we requested, a suite with a separate bedroom and living room (perfect when one family member has insomnia-doesn't keep the others awake). The hotel is slightly dated, most noticeable in the carpeting. Our room was very clean and spacious, though. Could not adjust the temperature in the room and we were a little hot. The refridgerator kept our drinks super cold. Breakfast was more than adequate. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My company put me in this hotel while staying for some training. The hotel looks great outside & inside the atrium, but the room had stains all over the carpet & just looked outdated. It also smelled like smoke. The room was clean overall but the carpet & base boards were stained bad. The service was good so was the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Best Western Airport Inn
Candlewood Suites Pearl
Candlewood Suites Pearl
#15 of 19 in Pearl
Courtyard Jackson Airport/Pearl
Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport? Share your experiences!