“Not Bad.”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The room was OK - very surprised that the Suite Shop wasn't very well stocked. Also noticed the restaurant wasn't opened on a Saturday night. Thank goodness the Longhorn Saloon & Grille next door was :).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Colette T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl. I want to apologize for the Suite shop not being fully stocked during your stay. We try to keep it as full as possible. I also saw your comment about the Restaurant. Our location only has the restaurant open for breakfast. We have room service provided through Lone Star Steakhouse. Sorry this was not told to you during check in. We appreciate your concern and value your review of our hotel. Let us know if there is something we can do for your stay the next time you visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Only issue I ran into was the chain in the toliet became disconnected. I went to fix it and it was held together via rusty curtain hooks. It was sort of gross but it didnt effect my stay that much. It was clean and felt safe. The shower had good pressure and heat, which is really important in my opinion. Room was pretty quite too.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Stayed overnight on roadtrip with 3 kids. AAA rate was really reasonable and seemed more quiet and safer than inside Jackson city. Staff exceptionally pleasant and helpful. We arrived while the evening snacks were being put away, they went back and brought water bottles out for me, 1 more than I had requested. Kids were happy with free popcorn and cookies. Beautiful, clean, relatively newer facility. Room clean, comfortable, great business quality ergonomic chair&desk, comfortable and clean sofachair & ottoman (which worked great as a bed rail for one son who tends to roll off hotel beds). Pillows on the soft side, beds like a cloud but maybe a little soft too- woke up a tiny bit achy but not bad. Comforter was light and airy, love the duvets. Was surprised at thiness of towels, expected more from a business hotel and have had heavier/higher quality at lesser quality hotels, but not a big deal, more importantly everything was sparkling clean and no signs of age or wear and tear. Outdoor pools were closed as expected. We paid for 2 adult breakfasts (buffet) which included continental fare plus made to order hot items (omelet, eggs, pancakes, etc.) and hot oatmeal/grits and fresh fruit. Has self-serve waffle maker. For quality, variety of food and one-kid-eats-free per adult policy we were happy here vs. going to Cracker Barrel. The server was a natural- always attentive above and beyond, no shortages on food and sparkling clean eating area. There's a Walmart Supercenter 2 minutes away which was great to grab fruit and kids cold meds on the way out the next morning. Would stay again - all around great staff and facility.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Stayed one night. Pretty new hotel and all was nice. DON'T stay on the south side of the hotel. I could hear the highway all night. It's not the hotel's fault. The gym is really good and there are lots of places to eat close by. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Don't don't don't take a room on the side where the highway goes by!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CaptainD1234
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were only at this hotel for one night but we enjoyed it thoroughly. The location is perfect, right next to a Double AA baseball stadium. We had no clue it was even there until we showed up at the hotel. We got there early enough that we had time to take in a baseball game. Generally Hilton Garden Inns are referred to as more of the business setting but I have never had a bad experience with my family at any of their hotels. The hotel is located fairly close to a busy interstate but you could hardly hear any traffic. There was plenty of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel and the staff was great. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are just passing through.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the North side of the hotel just so that you don't hear any interstate traf...
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I am currently staying at this hotel. It is a nice hotel but I'm not impressed with the front desk staff and I probably would NOT stay here again.

This hotel is right along Interstate 20. I asked upon check-in that I get a room that is not on the interstate side of the hotel. The girl at the front desk seemed clueless about everything and she said the hotel was sold out for the night and she couldn't do that. Although I checked in right at 2pm and I find it really hard to believe that every single room already had people checked in and in the rooms.

The room is nice and clean. Nice furnishings and large bathroom. There is also a fridge and microwave which is convenient. The bed however is the most HORRIBLE bed I've ever slept in. Between the uncomfortable bed and the roaring traffic on the interstate I've barely slept 2 hours while here. Not a happy camper about that.

I also had an issue with a group of kids staying at the hotel who were running rampant. First they were out at the pool area when I was out there with my son. They flooded the showers and were running wild. Then they were running all around the lobby area. Nobody said anything to them.

The final straw was around 11pm when this same group of kids was running up and down the hall beating on all the doors and running away. After calling the front desk, an adult finally showed up and gathered the kids.

I'm very disappointed that the front desk allowed these kids to run around like this. At least downstairs in plain view. Very inconsiderate for other guests. I'm here with a child of the same age and even my child was shocked how the kids were acting and nobody said anything to them.

Overall, nice rooms don't sell me if I can't have an enjoyable stay. Being a frequent visitor of Hilton branded hotels I am used to the staff trying to satisfy their guests. This must not be a priority here. I'd check out other hotels in the area before I'd come back to this one again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sdgilliam8
Reviewed 6 March 2011

This is an average HGI, the gym is poor, the wifi great. Our room was tiny but breakfast was very good (very good weekday cook). So it's just average.

• Stayed: March 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
Courtyard Jackson Airport/Pearl
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson
Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area
Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl? Share your experiences!