“Great Expectations, few hiccups”

Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Florida
“Great Expectations, few hiccups”
Reviewed 25 June 2008

It is everything you expect from a Hilton. Beautiful lobby, first impressions ya know. The front staff seemed young and not polished, but did their job. I noticed the lobby always had fresh fruit, don't know why, I thought I'd mention that because I love fruit . When I entered the room I loved the cozy feel. Flat screen, ergo desk chair, immaculate bathroom. I usually check the caulk at the sides of the tub and along the baseboards but they were clean. There were two gliches one was when I went to turn the AC down there were no knobs to do it. It was freezing. One of the two base of the knobs where you would put a knob wasn't broken so I took my little handy pocket tool and turned the temperature down. That didn't work. Went to the hallway where the ice machine was and there wasn't a knob in that one. I just took the outer longer curtain and clipped it with one of my hair clips. That seemed to work but it looks tacky. The other thing was when I was sitting at the desk working a small roach climbed the wall. Well, I know the difference between palmetto bugs ( large roaches in the south) which are found in Florida and roaches because of cleanliness and sad to say it was the small one. Somethings not clean. I like the long hours of breakfast until 10AM and a great layout. I ordered take out for dinner from one of the many local retaurants within a mile radius mainly because in the hotel binder it had a full menu of the place, there was only that one restaurant. Smart advertising on the restaurants part. All in all it was above average.

• Liked — Cozy the bed made me feel and a very professional feel of the room.
  • Disliked — Temperature knobs not there and a tiny roach climbing the wall.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
youneedtoknow
Reviewed 29 December 2007

This is a new hotel the was simply thrown together. Some of the fixtures are loose and coming out of the wall. The funiture looks to be used. There are many marks and chip on the desks and dressers. The lamp are not assembled correctly. The maid service it trouble, the rooms are half cleaned. There was grit in beds. The bathrooms are unleveled. The water floods some of the room. The manager Larry is an butt. The maintenance guys look like they were just released from ju ve. The beds medium to low quaility bed. This is a Motel 6 with Hilton name on it.

• Liked — The gentleman at the front desk was very nice
  • Disliked — The man working there looking under my door and in my room when I wasn't there.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank youneedtoknow
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
Reviewed 14 December 2007

I have recently been transfered to Jackson, MS. As a long time Hilton Honors member I always stay at Hilton braded hotels. The Hilton Jackson is OK, but i need of renovation. I then tried this hotel and was blown away. It is spotless and I am a very picky guest. Zero complaints - except rooms X03 is a bad choice if you plan to sleep in, it is near the housekeeping closet. Since October i have stayed here more than 30 nights and have not had a single complaint.

I will be staying here until I find a house which could be March 2008 and for a hotel ths is the best Jackson has to offer by far.

• Liked — Spotless Rooms
  • Disliked — Internet service is free, but not real good.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 September 2007

I was there for business and the hotel was very comfortable.
There are restaurants on either side of the parking lot that you can walk to.
Rooms have comfortable beds and the lighting in the bathroom is very good.
The wireless Internet access is slow in the rooms though.
This is a good choice if doing business in the area.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2007

I stayed at the HILTON GARDEN INN in Jackson/Pearl May 2007. My cousin and I were looking for a hotel for me late in the evening and this was one of the few that had rooms, I think 2 rooms were available. One handicap suite and one regular suite. The employees behind the desk were nice but they didn't seem to know what was going on, re prices of the rooms, how to work the televisions (the rooms had brand new plasma tvs). I think the fact the the hotel had recently opened three weeks before had something to do with it. I was quoted an incorrect price and it was corrected when I received my bill which was good since it was considerably less.

I was given the handicap room. It was very nice, the king bed was confortable. The plasma tv was a problem. I have no experience with them and it took forever for me to figure it out. Even after calling the front desk. Eventually it came on...I guess it acts like a computer and has to load up just like one.

Breakfast was served in a small cafe in the lobby. It was typical Southern fare...which I love. The waitress was an older woman who got my order wrong even though I repeated it to her several times. I didn't mind since she was so sweet. And the food was awesome.

The hotel offered car service to the airport. I was the only guest in the van and it was quick and smooth.

Despite all the little tics, I think once the employees get used to the hotel, where everything is, etc. things should be smooth sailing at this hotel. I will still recommend it!

• Liked — The room and breakfast!
  • Disliked — The service. The employees had a lot to learn about where they worked.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank fluffystella2004
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 9 June 2007

Hilton has hit on a superior concept and this offering was consistent with the others we’ve stayed at. New facility, and (as my wife commented) really clean. Ergonomic chair and a working desk, lounge chair with hassock, superior bed and linens. We will stay here again, but have two gripes. Room #421 is apparently located directly below one of the air conditioners on the roof and the condensation drips into a pan all night. The only time you don’t hear it is when the room a/c is running. If you are a light sleeper, don’t get this room. The flat screen TV was nice but has no high def signal so it isn’t anything special. The controller was in need of reprogramming as one was challenged to find the magic combination of the power switch and “source” to get a signal on powerup.

• Liked — new, upscale & clean
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple