“Great Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Clinton, ms
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and great location. Staff was very courteous. Colette, hotel manager was very tentative to my family needs. My family and I used this hotel to host a family function. The banquet room was appropriate for our family size. Also, the hotel manger was of great assistance when I requested her suggestion of some hotels in location that my family and I were heading to for an upcoming vacation. We will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank T H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I too got a room on the I-20 side, and the sound of trucks rumbling down the highway was loud all night. Also there was something sticky spilled on the floor and table; but we were exhausted and had to sleep somewhere. Jackson is not the safest city to stay in - someone put a beer bottle under the wheel of our car while we were having dinner, and the hotel clerk was talking with someone about her boyfriend being stabbed and robbed. Not the fault of the hotel, of course; but I don't think I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the side facing I-20!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has all the new upgrades and is very clean. The staff are all very friendly. Very convenient to the Jackson airport. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Bass Pro and a movie theatre are on the same road.

Stayed March 2014
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

By no means am I giving them a bad review. I would call this a very middle of the road average review.

HGI's are my main hotel. So I have experience with the expectations I have of this chain.
The Hotel has had their remodel. However they do not have a bar or even Dinner menu at this location which is odd. I should rephrase,They have a bar which doesn't serve anything.It looks like they discontinued liquor and dinner serve for what ever reason.
You can get beer at the so called Pantry.

I will start making comments on the pantry's as well since they vary widely on product and other issues.
This Pantry was ok for the most part since they need to rely on more snacks and beverages.

I believe that reason they don't have dinner service and bar was due to the fact they are surrounded by restaurants and entertainment.

The room was ok except for lighting issues in the office area. I don't like ceiling fans in hotels with the lights on them.
One strange concern is the fact they do not use the standard toilet paper I have used at other HGI.
Call me weird but this toilet paper was some rough stuff! I guess they are looking at reducing cost.
The one thing that docent bother me but I do get in any of the surveys the hotel ask me to fill out.
They didn't recognize my Diamond status and I had to suggest a room upgrade.No bifg deal but HGI requires their employees to do that.

Why stay here? Close to all the restaurants and theater. clean and yes the staff were very nice

Why Not? Rough toilet paper? I don't know?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Administrative A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. This location did not open with a bar or restaurant due to the liquor laws that were in place in 2007. That has since changed and we are working with Hilton and our management company to figure our next steps in making the bar/restaurant a success for us. I want to apologize for the other issues that did not meet the standards of service that you are used to. We will do our best to improve upon them. We hope that you will try to stay with us in the future.
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel on Buisness. My room was on the I-20 side of the property and was very loud. I would request a room on the other side next time.

I did notice the hotel was in the process of updating the tv's in each room.

Rates seem very strange. In a room block they were very high. Called on my own and got about a room $50 cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite from interstate
1 Thank MStravel2008
Thank you for posting your comments to TripAdvisor. We will try to put you on the side away from the highway. We look forward to you staying with us again.
McKinney, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The hotel is clean and on par with other Hilton Garden Inns. Compared to other hotels in the area it is in the upper half. Price is a bit high for the room ($159 for a king regular room). When booking or checking in be sure to ask for a room facing the front of the hotel; the back faces the highway and those rooms are noisy

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We will definitely try to put you away from the highway the next time you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
lucedale, ms, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hilton Garden Inn is a top quality Hotel providing rooms with great amenities including a comfortable bed, internet, in room service, usually great locations, at a price you would pay for a moderate quality Hotel. The staff is always friendly and they go out of their way to help their guests in every way possible.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Administrative A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey and posting to Tripadvisor. We value your opinion and take pleasure in making each guest stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to you staying with us in the future.