Candlewood Suites Pearl
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshome away from homeextended staythe nicest hotelsdollar generalpots and pansfamily dollarfitness centerspacious roomother hotels in the areagreat roomkitchenettemississippipropertypantrypets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

4th floor room (elevator), 2 doublebeds (would have preferred queens) accepted pets which was very important. (charged $25 pet fee)
Only problem we had was the plumbing sounds, when floor (below or beside ours used their bathroom it was very loud in ours, almost sounded like our toilet was flushing. Finally had the close the bathroom door which helped a bit.

had small kitchen area and desk. 3 chairs (one uphol. chair, one dining straight chair and a desk chair)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this Candlewood Suites in mid-August 2012. Although our reservation was for a non-smoking room, we were given a room that had clearly been smoked in. Hence the presence of the running room mobile air freshening unit. When we opened the bathroom door, we were knocked back by the smell of cigarette smoke. Management's initial response was horror that the mobile air unit had been left in the room, and offered to come and take it out immediately. Upon demanding another room, management provided us a replacement. Not fun performing another move of the daughter's carload of possessions from one room to another after a full days drive towards college in NC.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you want to get a room such as they one you reserved.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank danjaxson
IHGCare, IHGCare at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear danjaxson,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I want to assure you that we strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you received service which is unacceptable on this day but I am glad to know that our management was able to provide you an alternate solution for the inconvenience caused.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I found out I was accepted into my masters program late in the summer, so I had to move to Mississippi at the last minute. I couldn't find an apartment in time so I decided I would stay at Candlewood Suites for the year. I was VERY happy to find that they had FREE laundry on-site, FREE printing in their business center, a fitness center, & an extensive snack bar! All if these amenities in one place ON-SITE (not down the street nearby/in the building next door/etc.) is something I NEVER saw during my apartment hunt. I would've had to pay far more per month & get less if I had gotten an apartment (and that's not including the furniture I would've had to buy)! I also had a dishwasher & a normal-sized fridge in my room!!! The availability of these two things are RARELY standard in apartments let alone a hotel! The staff were very friendly & the rooms were ALWAYS cleaned!! I stayed here for a year & was very comfortable the whole time. I really believe anyone who chooses this place, even for a normal hotel stay, will be greatly pleased! It's similar in price to the other hotels in the area but you are given A LOT more for your money.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This Candlewood Suite was not as nice and clean as the ones I have stayed in before. The room was actually quite dirty. When we checked in, the front desk receptionist asked the head housekeeper if our room was ready and we were told it was. When we got to our room, the first thing that hit us was the funky smell in the room. There was a musty odor, the carpet looked dirty, like it needed a good shampooing. When you turned the A/C on, and got circulation in the room, the smell went away, but since the A/C cuts off when you leave, it was there every time we came back. Also, the bathroom was filthy; there was a dirt ring in the tub and dirt around the tub and in the corners. We called the front desk and head housekeeper came up (the same one that said the room was clean) and admitted that the bathroom had not been cleaned. She then scrubbed the bathtub and mopped the floor. Also, behind the nightstand there was some kind of liquid spilled down the wall, that hadn't been cleaned and it was disgusting. I made a mistake of dropping my IPOD down the side of the bed by the wall and when I reached for it I found my IPOD and a hand full of trash as well. GROSS!! The walls needed to be scrubbed or repainted or something. There were black scuff marks all over the wall. Also, the appliances in the kitchen were outdated. We turned the fridge's temperature down a little when we got there. Now why did we do that??? You know that fridge made the most god awesome rumbling sound at night we couldn't even sleep. Called the front desk about it and they said turn the ice maker off. Um, sure, if we even turned the ice maker on, but we didn't. That fridge needed to be replaced, that's what the problem was. We didn't need our sheets changed the three days we were there, so we just made them up ourselves, my mom made a comment on the cheap pleather bed skirts they had on the beds and how dusty and dirty they were. Though it was safe and quiet, I do not think it was worth the nearly $100 a night we spent to stay there. The owner needs to keep this hotel chain up to par and it needs to be what is expected of Candlewood Suites. We will not be staying there next time we travel to the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SiobhanDW
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear SiobhanDW,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service form our housekeeping, noisy refrigerator and the out dated appliances. I understand the discomfort this caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I just spent 10 days visiting friends and family and stayed at this hotel. Everyone was super friendly and since I was traveling with dogs it was a real joy that the staff seemed so welcoming to my canine family. The facility was super clean and provided all the services I desired without being intrusive. The cupboard was well stocked and convenient. It was a particular delight since I was supposed to stay at Candlewood Suites in Flowood and though I had a printed confirmation of my reservation they could not honor it...thus sending me to this delightful hotel instead. I certainly hope the Flowood Hotel gets their act together because I am returning in October for a reunion and am required to stay in Flowood unfortunately. Thanks to everyone in Pearl for a great job!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite was roomy and very comfortable to host a gathering of friends and family! Loved being on the ground floor because of dogs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family