“Fantastic value. I stay here every time I'm in the Jackson, MS area.”

Candlewood Suites Pearl
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I've stayed at multiple hotels around the Jackson, MS metro area from all of the major chains. This Candlewood Suites is consistently the best bang for my buck. Clean, comfortable rooms at a great rate, along with a helpful, courteous staff make this an easy decision for me on all of my business travel. I've stayed at this hotel with my family traveling through town on vacation, as well. I would highly reccommend this hotel! (By the way, I've stayed here 60+ nights in the last two years and have NEVER seen a bug anywhere in the hotel!!!)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 September 2010

I normally stayed in Hilton Garden in this area,but first time I stayed here for 5 nights.It is located just off I-20 south in very quiet area.I am not a big fan of any IHG hotels .....but this one was surprisingly good. Nice and comfortable rooms,well equipped kitchen and furniture ,profesional and friendly staff,free laundry made my trip to Jackson very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Killed a big bug in the Kitchen area of our room, I don't know what it was exactly but it was big. Killed small spotty bugs on the bed which I believe were fleas, because we heard dogs barking in the hall at various times of the night. Although it says the hotel is pet friendly, they should make sure that it is not occupied by pests from your pet. We had to seal all of our luggage and disinfected it just in case of the flea problem.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drw2112
Bholu, Owner at Candlewood Suites Pearl, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

You have reported:

a) Pests in your room due to previous guest's pet.

We want to convey our apology for your inconvenience.

You are right that we are pet- friendly ,But we have some " specified pet feindly rooms "in which guest can stay with pets,mostly on ground floor. After pet freindly guest checked out, we gave special extra treatment to clean that room like, shampoo room carprt, wash everything including duvet cover, use pet-odor elimination air freshner and spray bug killer . For those services we took pet fees from pet freindly guests. Outside professional pest control company
gave pest control treatment every 2 weeks in and out of all rooms.

Unfortunately, Very few guest does not inform us about their pet and stay in non pet freindly regular room. And those rooms were not treated like above.

If guest informs about pests,we can move the room.

Here are the actions we have taken :
a) Our pest control company checked all rooms and spray special chemical into all rooms and exterior building too.
b) Our House keeping staff have been trained to check bed and carpet carefully and inform pest control company if any bug found in the room.
c) We contract with pest control company to treat again between two services with no extra charges if our housekeeping team found any bugs.

We look forward for welcoming you again.

Thanks once again for your feedback.

Respectfully,

Owner and Hotel Team.

Reviewed 11 May 2010

We needed to stay one night in Pearl while visiting family. The Candlewood Suites is a clean, newer hotel and our room was very comfortable. We stayed in a Queen studio suite and it was very spacious and suited our needs. The Candlewood Suites would be great for a long term stay because it has a full size refrigerator as well as a small stove top and microwave.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2010

My wife and I traveled to Mississippi to adopt our little baby girl, and we didnt' know how many weeks we would have to stay there. When we explained the situation to the manager, Raj Patel, he was very understanding of our situation and the many other expenses we were incurring at the time and gave us a lower rate to make our stay more affordable. He also sent a baby crib up to our room immediately which we were so grateful to have. He saw to it that our room was cleaned when we wanted it to be cleaned, and was available for us whenever we had questions about our bill or anything else.
As for the hotel itself, the rooms are beautiful suites with just the right furnishings. There was a nice TV and DVD player, and there is a good selection of movies available that can be borrowed from the office. The bathroom was very spacious, and the kitchenette was just what we needed. There was a refrigerator, a microwave, a sink, a stove top with two burners, and just the right mix of dishes in the cupboard so that we could make most of our food during the week rather than having to eat out all the time. We loved the fitness center, the free laundry facilities, and there was even a small business center where we could access our e-mail, print documents, and send faxes. I would recommend this Candlewood Suites to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I thought this was in a great location and the furnishings and decor was very new and up to date. Loved the full size fridge and kitchen. Only thing missing was an oven and they will loan you a toaster over from the desk if you need. Staff was friendly and helpful. I paid a very good price.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Its a great place to stay for both vacationing families and business clients, easy access to highway, rooms very clean, all the amenities that you can think about are available, service excellent, lots of personal touch, the Manager of the place, Mr. Raj Patel, always available, very accommodative and would cater to your individual needs in the most efficient way.

Jaseem Pasha MD