Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I chose the Comfort Inn Airport for the last night of my stay in the Jackson area because all the websites I checked said there was a free airport shuttle. When I checked in and asked about the shuttle schedule I was told that service had been discontinued at least 2 years ago and that I'd have to take a taxi. The hotel itself was quite serviceable. The room was a little broken-down but squeaky clean and things were quiet at the back end of the hotel. The wireless internet signal barely registered and I couldn't find an ethernet cable so I had to work off my phone's hotspot. The hot breakfast was decent and the staff were very pleasant.

It took a taxi 25 minutes to get to the hotel at midmorning on a Sunday and then the fare was almost $20 to get to the airport! I certainly wasn't expecting that.

In short, the hotel was acceptable to good but it is NOT an "airport" hotel and certainly doesn't provide transportation of any kind.

Room Tip: All rooms are outside access and I didn't see any elevators. Ask for a room toward the back to m...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Excellent service by the young manager. He welcomed us at check in and made sure we were taken care of during our entire stay. We were in town for a project and he understood we needed a good start to the day each morning so he had the breakfast well stocked with hot food. He opened it earlier than the posted times. Any small issues that came up during our stay was addressed prompty by the staff so I cannot say this hotel had any major issues. The rooms and lobby area are clean overall. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area as I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The staff is trained very well as they generally fulfill any request so as long as it is in their ab...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Kenny P, General Manager at Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your kind comments! I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our delicious breakfast! We pride ourselves on the service we deliver, so it is great to hear that the hard work by our team is paying off! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here one night after seeing a MS Braves game. The desk clerk was friendly and upgraded our room to a suite for no additional charge. The room was clean and in order. We had no noise issues at all. They offered a hot breakfast which looked great. However, the staff filled the dinning area and enjoyed the breakfast leaving us to wonder who the breakfast was made for, the guests or staff. All in all, it was a pleasant stay and they offered the best rate. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: ask for free upgrade
1  Thank cec0930
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Stay away from this place. This place is poorly run. If you have a complaint, the manager is always right. In other words, they will tell you they can't do anything. Stayed there five days. The room was serviced once. Kept late hours, so I left the room about noon. Was told the room don't get service after noon. The maids will come around from about 7:30 AM to about 10:30 AM. When the maids knock on your door and you ask them to come back later, they won't.

There in no WiFi in the rooms. They do have wired high speed internet.

I am done with Comfort Inn hotels. They seem to be poorly run. Had problems in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with Comfort Inn.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Our family stayed here for one night on our way to the gulf coast. This hotel set back off the road and the parking lot is not well lit. The room smelled old, smokey and musty. Our NON-Smoking room had been smoked in, because it reaked of smoke. All rooms are accessed from the parking lot, not through a lobby. I really can not believe that this property is part of the Choice Hotel Group.

The furniture is old and very worn as were the bathroom fixtures. Carpet and Window coverings were dirty. Our AC had a broken control knob, so low cool was the only setting that we had for the 80 degree night that we spent there. Pool looked gross!

I always look at reviews before I book hotels that I'm not familiar with, and this hotel had some positive reviews, but several months ago. Take my advice SKIP THIS PROPERTY AND CHOOSE A NEWER ONE NEAR THE INTERSTATE.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

My baby girl had black hands, knees and tops of her feet from crawling on the floor in less then 30 minutes. Room smelled musty!! Bed cover had something red dried on it and you could tell it hadn't be washed. This hotel needs new carpet, fresh paint and a extensive cleaning. Front door chain locked had been broken before and they remounted it above the old holes. Look like someone kicked the door in. Not a safe feeling. Positive note, nice pillows.

Reviewed 5 November 2010

I would definitely stay here again, This was a very beautiful, and accomodating hotel. My housekeeper's name was Pam, and if I did not hang my sign for my room to be clean, she still checked with me. Very friendly, pleasant and accomodating staff. Beds were comfortable, and overall stay was very very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family