“Filthy bedspreads”

Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Pearl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I chose this Day's Inn because it had the least negative reviews of the area's hotels. I was greeted in a warm, professional manner and the desk person ran through the property's recent improvements. She even offered me a cookie. Very nice. However, once we we entered our room was when our stay went south.

We noticed we were not provided with any bath towels. Honest mistake, we thought. I called down to the desk and the attendant told me to come back for replacements. We were in town for a two night stay. The next morning, I left the room for a trip to the drug store and a member of the house cleaning staff was working on the room next door. She asked if I was just came out of room (number withheld). I had placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I told her my wife was ill and taking a nap. I asked her to come back later to clean the room. She said they would "try to get it" after they were finished. I was a bit puzzled, but left on my medication run. We left for the wedding we were attending shortly before Noon returning around 6 that evening. The room had not been touched.

I realize Day's Inn is a low cost chain, but this is the first time I've ever encountered a cleaning time "window" at a chain at this price level. My wife and I have stayed at comparable chains for multiple night visits and our rooms have always been clean when we returned.

We addressed our concerns to Frenchie, the person running the desk when we checked out, and she told us two things: First, it was our fault since we had a do not disturb sign on the door. 2. Since we booked through a third party--web hotel booking site--there was nothing she could do.

If your stay is convienent to this Day's Inn cleaning schedule--if you are gone when they decide it's time to clean--you might enjoy your stay. Don't forget to check to see if you have towels, too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TXRambler
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Great hotel, clean and updated. Front desk service and check in was excellent. Price was right. Definitely a good value for your money. Breakfast was typical hot but good. It was quiet, safe and close to great variety of restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed in this Hotel and i will never stay again, The bed was not a good, the only good thing was the lady that check me in that early morning was very nice, Sandra was really nice she joked with me and my husband at 2 in the am. Very nice person, how ever when I went down for breakfast all I saw was sausage patties that looked like was not done, the eggs was ok looking, no fruit, she had just made some fresh coffee it was hot. I do not know were they are getting those sausages from but they need to take them off the line. Sandra was still there my husband joked with her and she had a reply that made us both laugh. I wish they would do something about the beds, the sofas that were in the room need to have been taken out 10 years ago, the are nasty looking, the bed and window treatment need to be taken out and replaced, and the housekeepers cart need to be taken away from them. I will not ever talk about that the noise from those things.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo