“Worst Customer Service EVER!”

Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We checked into the hotel and once we got to the room the first thing I noticed was pubic hair on the bathroom floor. Then we realized we had NO TOWELS. We called the front desk and they said they would have house keeping send some up. House keeping came with an unfolded wad of random sized towels that could have been from the dirty laundry for all I know since they never bothered to fold them before delivering them. The next day they were coming around about 8:30 am to clean rooms. My husband stepped out and asked if they could come back later because we were still sleeping. The response was "well I am here to do it now.", so essentially no. Either get up at 8:30am while you are on vacation or have a dirty room. They never did come back and clean it. While having breakfast in the dining area, the house keeping staff kept coming in and out of a side door letting the cold air blow in on those of us trying to eat. At one point they even proceeded to have an argument while they stood there holding the door open. Also on the way into breakfast we caught the person at the front desk sleeping. When we went to check out the next day we asked the woman at the desk, Frenchie, if there was anything she could do for us since we had no towels and no one cleaned our room. She blamed it on us for wanting to sleep past 8:30am while on vacation, said since we booked through a "third party" there was nothing she could do but then did call the housekeeping staff so they could come and "confront" us about our untrue claims. Frenchie really needs some serious training. Actually Frenchie needs a position where she does not deal with the public because she made it clear that she did not have time for us.

Room Tip: The way to choose a good room at this hotel is to NOT stay here at all.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Checked in late in the afternoon called to reserve my room and was put on hold the girl who was working forgot to mute the phone and continued her personal conversation I waited 10 minutes before hanging up I called back and was put on hold again she acted like I was an inconvenience I waited another 10 minutes and hung up again I at that point I just waited till i got to the hotel and booked my room again the girl was rude I made my reservation and told her I was paying with cash her exact words were why didn't you tell me that before with a nasty attitude!!! she wasn't wearing a name tag my husband and his coworker got there a few hours later and she was extremely rude to them to

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

1  Thank Kent C
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kenny P, Manager at Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I chose this Day's Inn because it had the least negative reviews of the area's hotels. I was greeted in a warm, professional manner and the desk person ran through the property's recent improvements. She even offered me a cookie. Very nice. However, once we we entered our room was when our stay went south.

We noticed we were not provided with any bath towels. Honest mistake, we thought. I called down to the desk and the attendant told me to come back for replacements. We were in town for a two night stay. The next morning, I left the room for a trip to the drug store and a member of the house cleaning staff was working on the room next door. She asked if I was just came out of room (number withheld). I had placed a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I told her my wife was ill and taking a nap. I asked her to come back later to clean the room. She said they would "try to get it" after they were finished. I was a bit puzzled, but left on my medication run. We left for the wedding we were attending shortly before Noon returning around 6 that evening. The room had not been touched.

I realize Day's Inn is a low cost chain, but this is the first time I've ever encountered a cleaning time "window" at a chain at this price level. My wife and I have stayed at comparable chains for multiple night visits and our rooms have always been clean when we returned.

We addressed our concerns to Frenchie, the person running the desk when we checked out, and she told us two things: First, it was our fault since we had a do not disturb sign on the door. 2. Since we booked through a third party--web hotel booking site--there was nothing she could do.

If your stay is convienent to this Day's Inn cleaning schedule--if you are gone when they decide it's time to clean--you might enjoy your stay. Don't forget to check to see if you have towels, too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TXRambler
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Great hotel, clean and updated. Front desk service and check in was excellent. Price was right. Definitely a good value for your money. Breakfast was typical hot but good. It was quiet, safe and close to great variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed in this Hotel and i will never stay again, The bed was not a good, the only good thing was the lady that check me in that early morning was very nice, Sandra was really nice she joked with me and my husband at 2 in the am. Very nice person, how ever when I went down for breakfast all I saw was sausage patties that looked like was not done, the eggs was ok looking, no fruit, she had just made some fresh coffee it was hot. I do not know were they are getting those sausages from but they need to take them off the line. Sandra was still there my husband joked with her and she had a reply that made us both laugh. I wish they would do something about the beds, the sofas that were in the room need to have been taken out 10 years ago, the are nasty looking, the bed and window treatment need to be taken out and replaced, and the housekeepers cart need to be taken away from them. I will not ever talk about that the noise from those things.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo