“Only gave it a 2 for the parking...”

Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I would have rated it a 1 if it wasnt for the $10 park and fly. The park and fly was nice. Everything else was awful. I pre-paid for a king bed room and when I arrived they had no rooms left! I got stuck in a conference room with a pull down from the wall Murphy bed that was double siezed. I was told the bed size is what I pre-paid for, but I have a receipt that says I reserved a king bed! The bathroom was not clean - hair everywhere and dead roach in the floor. Needless to say, we didnt sleep well and were anxious to leave early AM. The park and fly is a good deal - I just wish we had better accomodations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Bholu, Owner at Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2010

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your nice comments on" Park car when you Fly" facility you enjoyed.
Most of our clients are happy with Accomodation including Park & Fly facility at extremely competitive prices.However, our team is commited to offer full satisfaction at the lowest price we offer.
We request you to accept our apology for your experience.You have reported :

a) Room request for king bed not honored.
b) Hair in Bathroom.

On guest's arrival day, our hotel is over booked in king bed room by our front desk staff.
And we offered the guest to move nearby up-scale new hotel at our expences with no extra costs,but guest did not want to move at 10.00PM late night and no other hotel offer Park & Fly facility.Here are some of the actions we have taken:

a) Front desk staff have been trained with full knowledge to avoid such over booking situation.
b) House keepers also have been provided with further training in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in bathroom area.

Thanks once again, for your feedback.

Respectfully,

Owner and Hotel Team.

Reviewed 19 June 2010

Be sure that you put the RIGHT directions into your GPS or you will end up in a really BAD part of Jackson! This location is NOT in Jackson, but is in PEARL. I called the hotel and the lady, Laurie, at the front desk gave us excellent directions back the right direction and once we arrived (well after 10pm, we were driving in from Orlando) check-in was very swift. For the price I paid, I expected something in the same range of a Courtyard Marriott, but this was NOT the case at this hotel! The main problem that I had with this hotel was the smell! It smelled like cigarettes and cinnamon-apple candle wax! Yuck! Even on our floor, which was supposed to be non-smoking smelled really BAD. The beds were okay for one night, but the bed spread was very itchy. There was also a large stain on on of the bed spreads and the floor, but we were only staying for the night so it wasn't a big deal. The ice is located down stairs only, but the breakfast in the morning smelled wonderful and the lady at the front desk was kind enough to give me extra coffee (my husband and I are coffee lovers!). Overall the hotel is VERY outdated (the wall paper in the bathroom looked like it had been put up by a kid) but if you are looking for an okay place to sleep for a few hours this hotel is adequate.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind comments about freindly and helpful front desk staff.
Most of our guests are happy with strategic location and extremely competitive prices.However,
our commitment is to offer extraordinary quality of cleanliness.You have reported:

1) Your experience of smell in hotel
2) Stain on bed spread

Please accept our apology for your inconveniencies.As part of our regular quality control,almost all the issues you mentioned are routinely handled.Heare are some of the actions we have taken:

1) Shampoo all carpets in all rooms as well as in hallways by outside professional carpet shampoo cleaner.
2) We contract with carpet shampoo cleaner company to shampoo every 2 months entire hotel.
3) In hallways, we installed air freshner equipment to spray every 5 minutes.
4) Maids have been provided with further training in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our rooms.

Once again,we appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.Like over 10000+ guests who experience high satisfaction with our property every year,you will also experience great happiness and change when you give us a chance for your next trip.

Regards,

Owner and Hotel Team.

Reviewed 21 June 2009

My friend, her young daughter, and I stayed here for two nights on June 12, 2009. To my relief, the hotel and room looked just like the photos on the web!. Some hotels paint a pretty picture to lure you there, but turn out to be a fake and raggedy mess! The hallways were clean and the carpet smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly as well. But, PLEASE make sure you double check the room before you leave for any personal belongings because once you check out, you won't get it back. We left our child's clear bag with her enhaler and asthma medication inside but when we called back was told it was not there. They said they throw everything away. Yeah right! I think they should have a lost and found for atleast one week. Mark it for the room it was found in. Because some things left could be life saving. We were hoping she didn't need it before we got back home.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2008

The first room I was given had an obnoxious odor in it but the second one I got was pretty good. For $70.85 (including tax) this seemed like a good value. Also, if you're flying out of the airport near here you can leave your car at the motel and use their shuttle.
The check in process was a little longer than it needed to be but I did find all the staff there to be friendly and helpful overall.
The rooms are a good size and clean. They are a little sparse in the furniture department (Don't let the picture on their brochure fool you).
But, overall it's a decent property. It has all inside corridors and an elevator as well. The rooms all have fridges and microwaves. There is a little 'pantry' in the lobby where various items can purchased also. The breakfast was pretty good although the bananas were past their prime.
This would be a good option for travellers in and out of the airport. In fact while I was there some airline personnel were staying there as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 July 2008

i also work at a hotel and from expirence this is not how a hotel is run. the problems sarted from the first phone call. they told me rates way higher then their own online rates. arriving at the hotel around 3am i found that i was in a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor.(booked smoking) they said i could smoke in the room but could not provide ash-trays. the Jacuzzi tub was missing a button and the walls around it were serverly cracked. also had cig. burns on the tub. the pictures are not what they seem eaither. the bed spreds arnt pillow top and cream, they are a 80's gold color. night shift was verry nice and friendly but the morning shift was rude. i also had the DND DO NOT DISTURB sign out my entire stay. the first 2 days were fine but o the 3rd day i walked in to no trash clean towls and a mae up bed.
(dont get me wrong thats normaly good but when i have expencive stuff in the room and have a DND up it means do not come in my room.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 July 2008

The carpets and sofas in this hotel were worn, but that did not affect my stay. What is important is what really counted.

The a/c was cold, the room was spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. We had immediate hot water in the shower, and the towels were fluffy enough. The fridge had a functional freezer. My wife had a very restful night. We felt secure.

Breakfast was meager, but it was all we needed. My wife had hot tea, I had coffee. We both chose a fresh banana. We also could have opted for toaster waffles, bagels, donuts, juice, and dry cereal with milk.

The hotel has an elevator to make bringing-in luggage convenient. After check-in, we opted to use stairs for the remainder of our stay. The stairwell was clean and not unpleasant.

There was no shortage of towels nor pillows. The only issue was that the sink was not in the bathroom. I rise early and my wife rises late. We dealt with it, and it did not impact our visit. That is the only issue we had. Everything else about this hotel makes me glad I chose it. We got a very good deal with our AARP discount.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2008

On 13 April 08 I had an early flight out . I stayed here and utilized the hotel's shuttle while they babysat my car. This turned out to be quit the bargain considering the airport's parking fees. As a matter of fact, it was cheaper to spend the previous night here and pay the all too reasonable $10 parking fee. The staff couldn't have been more hospitable. Very nice people ! This is located in a quit edge of town as well.
If one flies out of JAN, I can highly recommend utilizing this pleasant hotel and its shuttle service.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
Best Western Airport Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Courtyard Jackson Airport/Pearl
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
Best Western Plus Flowood Inn & Suites

Been to Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport? Share your experiences!