“VERY DISAPPOINTED!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
“VERY DISAPPOINTED!”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I am a Marriott timeshare owner and I was very disappointed in this hotel. I have stayed there on several occassions visting family. About once a year. I just got back from a long weekend in Jackson and will not go back to that hotel.
The poblen are the beds. This was a problem before but was not fixed. The sheets DO NOT fit the bed. They are old and worn as is the mattress. Not up to the Marriott standards at all.
EVERY night they woud come off the mattress and I woud have a bare mattress to sleep on. On both sides. Our tv reception was horrible. They did call and have that fixed. The morning paper was not delivered to our door. They had them stacked at the front desk and off course all gone by 8am?? I mentioned all this to the clerk apon leaving and I'm sure it just went right over her head. Maybe someone will read this and fix it.

Room Tip: sit on your bed before you unpack. If the sheets don't pop off after that, you MAY be ok.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

First of all, this isn't 2 minutes from the airport, more like 15 minutes. Getting past that, the hotel was OK. Typical Fairfield where the amenities are minimal. Towels were very thin, toilet ran and the carpet was in need of an upgrade.

Breakfast was good but don't eat there is you are health conscience. People were nice and I would recommend if only to get the points.

Enjoy.

- affordable
Great Location
- convenient drive to Jackson
- Ryans, Lonestar, Bass Pro Shops, Tinseltown

My first choice when staying in the Jackson/Pearl area!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Based on the reviews finding a quality and safe hotel in the Jackson area is very difficult but this Fairfield was a surprise find and would highly recommend. The rooms were clean and modern with flat tv screens. Hotel is located near freeway and surrounded by many restaurants including a movie theater. There's also an outdoor pool and a very small fitness room.

Would recommend for the business traveller and for the family on a road trip - would avoid the hotels in the downtown area.

Th

• Stayed July 2011
USA
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This Inn was a lovely surprise. I stayed while on a drive cross country and found this place to be very clean with a friendly staff and a surprisingly good breakfast featuring many healthy options. If you are looking for a nice place to get a good nights rest while traveling along Interstate 20 through Mississippi, you can't go wrong with this value choice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I'm a Marriott Elite Member, so I try to stay at Marriotts or Hyatts due to having a Platinum Membership with them. I have a few free nights with Marriott due to their current stay two times, get one night free promo, plus I have a lot of points. I had never stayed at a Fairfield Inn brand before, so I decided to use some of my points to see what it was like. I drove the three hours to Jackson and checked into this Pearl location earlier in the evening for two nights. I had been looking forward to seeing how different the hotel was, and was a little concerned due to Fairfield Inns being the low end Marriotts. Both gentlemen that checked me in were very cordial and recognized me as an Elite member. I was placed on the 3rd floor, as requested. One thing that impressed me was the hotel actually placed extra towels in the bathroom area with a card indicating that I had requested them in my profile. This was the first time a Marriott has actually prepared for my stay by accommodating my requests. Unfortunately, the rooms have no fridges. They do however have a comfy armchair and king bed, and a nice sized coffee pot and also a VERY cold A/C! Another big plus in my book were the brand new LG HDTVs. They did not have the HD channels programmed when I first got here, but just a simple digital channel scan found all the local Jackson networks in beautiful widescreen HD from my hotel room. I do not stay in any hotels that haven't updated their TVs to HD. I don't expect them to have the HD programmed in, but as long as they have an HDTV and I'm able to program the HD channels in myself, I'm content. I am constantly looking for new hotels I know for a fact have HDTVs for me to stay at, and broaden my choice of where to stay.

A couple of things that keep me from giving this review a 5/5... the toilet has been running since I got here. It doesn't bother me, but I'm sure it costs the hotel money. I plan on letting them know about it tomorrow. Another thing is that I began having a big issue with the wireless internet connection earlier. It just all of a sudden stopped working. I'm sure it is a router issue that will be fixed by the time I wake up, I just hate using my cell phone's data connection to get on the internet when I should be able to connect to a wireless network for free.

Oh, and I was placed RIGHT NEXT to the ELEVATOR, but it hasn't bothered me at all! It is so quiet in this room. I cannot hear a thing other than what is going on in the room..no doors slamming, no highway noise, nothing but the nice, cold A/C and the brand new HDTV :-) I can see why this hotel has won awards. For a property that has been here for a few years, management sure takes care of this place. It shows. I must say that the room price during the week of over 100 bucks is a bit high for this room, the room rate was 109 for tonight, and I can't see myself paying that much here when I could stay at a Comfort Suites in Flowood that's brand new for 65 bucks, even if I am partial to Marriott. Weekend rates are 89 bucks, which is still a bit too high. This hotel used to have rates in the 70-90 dollar range, which was perfect. Perhaps it's just so close to the MS Braves ballpark and that is why the price has gone up. Otherwise, it's a nice place that isn't showing its age! And is in a GREAT area of the metro!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I hate to do this because I am a loyal Marriott girl (and, in particular Fairfield Inn), but I am rating this hotel 3 stars.

I could have lived with the disinterested hotel check-in guy; he barely spoke to me - which was fine - I don't care if people are nice to me, but when I got in the room, the smell of air freshener, or cleaner, or something, overtook me. It was positively peutrid. I really should have moved, but I was tired and didn't.

The stink was not of smoke, or a dirty room, it was cleaning stuff - or some kind of spray stuff. I tried opening the window, but it only opened 2 inches. I have complained about cleaning products before - but, this was really horrible.

I could not wait to leave the hotel in the morning, and would never return there.

On the positive side - very clean room, comfy bed, and my special requests were met (extra towels, bottom floor). The breakfast area was fantastic, and the young lady running it was so very nice! Lots of good stuff to eat - that was the bright spot of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't stink!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends