“Passing Through”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Passing Through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Staff were very polite & went out of way to make certain that we were satisfied with our stay. We didn't have a reservation & were given a very fair room rate. Front desk clerk called up to the room after check in to make certain everything was acceptable. Room was very nice, clean, cool & quiet. Numerous restaurants just down street with easy access to add to an enjoyable stay. We would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I moved over after spending 1 night at the acceptable Fairfield Inn on I-55 to the one in Pearl for the duration of my stay. This was an excellent choice-rooms are very nice, breakfast is solid, but more than anything has been the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. I can guarantee you that the stay is not getting paid well enough because they are on the ball. This is conveniently located to Trustmark Park (minor league baseball), a Sam's Club, Bass Pro Shop, numerous restaurants and I-55. You are actually about 10 minutes away from the airport, but right on I-55 the major artery. You can eat at the restaurant's in the area or try more local restaurant's in Jackson like The Mayflower, Crechales, Hal and Mal's if that is what you are looking for. Very glad that I chose this hotel.

Room Tip: it depends upon your preference, but I would choose one of the end rooms on the lower floors so that...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Pearland, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night while driving thru Mississippi on our way to Texas, mainly because it was well located right off the interstate.
The hotel is modern, clean and well kept.
It has several restaurants around it within walking distance. So it's a very convenient place to stay.
It has breakfast in the morning which we found very complete.
Great place.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

This Fairfield has been recently remodeled, and it's in outstanding condition. Rooms are spacious, with enough room for both a workspace and a pack-n-play for the little one. Breakfast was standard fare, but the lobby eating area is spacious and comfortable. Rate was competitive for the area. My only minor nitpick is that the bedroom curtains let in a little more morning light around the edges than I would like, but this is (sadly) very common in chain hotels. I would definitely stay at this location again when passing through Jackson.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Piperton, TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

The room was clean and the location was very convenient for restaurants and the local minor league baseball field. The breakfast was good and the lady in charge of preparation was very pleasant and personable. The disappointment was with the front desk staff and management. With the exception of one young lady who worked overnight, the manager and staff were rude and very unprofessional. Their poor attitude greatly overshadowed the other good qualities of this hotel. This is one location in this hotel chain that I will NOT stay in again. I have stayed in other locations of this same chain that were excellent in all aspects, and thus this review is not indicative of the entire chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Shennesse & Joyce did an excellent job looking after our needs during our recent stay. After check-in, we received a phone call to make sure the room met our standards. We were remembered by name whenever passing through the lobby. Thanks for making us feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I've written over 150 reviews and believe in the power of feedback. I hope you find my review helpful.
I was pleasantly surprised on the size and comfort of my room. Even as I write this, I wonder if this is a standard room. I have a separate living area from the bathroom, although not separated by door. The bed is very comfortable. I've stayed at Fairfield's before where the bed is too hard. This one was just great. The room and hotel is very clean. Great water pressure in the shower. Nice work space with a desk with both Wi-Fi and wired internet...super fast. Very friendly folks working downstairs. The breakfast was above average for a 3 star hotel...lots of choices: Yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, Canadian bacon, etc. I was very pleased with the stay overall. And the workout facility is better than any other Fairfield I’ve stayed at with 2 very good treadmills and I believe an elliptical.
Very close to the airport...although I did not use their shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business