“Was "ok" for the 2 nights we were there.”
Review of Silver Star Casino

Silver Star Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Native American casino offers round-the-clock gaming featuring 3,100 slots and 100 table games.
Reviewed 18 January 2014

No activities for kids! Rude staff in the sandwich shop and a very long wait for our food! Decorations for Christmas were wonderful.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We are looking for a new stop over place to stay on our TX to GA trip which we take every 2 mos. We are sick of Vicksburg so we decided to try Silver Star, Philadelphia. Hotel nice, room nice, buffet about the same as a casino buffets. Casino smoking but they did have a non smoking section that had lots of fresh air blowing. Machines were not as tight as Vicskburg. I won $500 on a qtr machine. I was so pleased that the drinks were free in the casino. Silver Star is the first indian reservation casino I have ever been to that gave free drinks to the gamblers. We had a beautiful drive down Natchez Trail to I-20. We will come back.

2  Thank Debbie B
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I started my meal with French Onion Soup, which was good (I have had better). The fresh bread and butter was very good. Next, came the 8 oz filet mignon..... probably one of the best fillet's I have ever eaten. It was cooked exactly to temperature of medium rare. I'm not a food expert, but it had what I thought was some sort of demi-glace on and around it.....delicious!! Also there was a small slab of butter on top that hinted of garlic....also great!! Side of mushrooms were Very good.
Ended the meal with ??? can't remember the name of the dessert, but it was 3 scoops of excellent vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce on one side, carmel on the other and a strawberry on the other side, topped with fresh whipped topping and toasted pecans....... all served in a edible almond brittle florentine cup.YUM! YUM!
We two or three servers at our table and they were very good and friendly people.
**a word of caution!* I believe most people (me included) would find the place to be very pricey $$$. Overall, I thought it was definitely worth the cost. I would certainly return.

1  Thank BR310567
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just a weekend gambling trip. As for the casino itself, it was ok, most of the dealers and workers did a pretty good job. It was smoky, but most casinos are. The restaurants were a different story. Both restaurants we went to had horrible service, especially Stats sports bar. They were rude and could care less about the customers, we were not the only ones complaining, everybody was! We did not eat at the buffet, there was over an hour wait(standing in line) Saturday. If you live in the Birmingham area drive the extra 90 min and go to Biloxi.

2  Thank Kimbosold1
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We visited the Silver Star for two meals. We ate at the Villa and the buffet. The Villa was the better of the two restaurants with reasonable offering and hot and delicious food. The buffet was more expensive for their seafood buffet, and while good, it was somewhat disappointing.

2  Thank wooddale35124