“was hit by loretta”
Review of Silver Star Casino

Silver Star Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Native American casino offers round-the-clock gaming featuring 3,100 slots and 100 table games.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My boyfriend and I arrived to MS around 1:30am July 3/4th Morning and checked into the Golden Moon. After we placed our bags in our room we headed right over to the Pearl River Resort to replace my sliver star rewards card and to play a few table/slot games. As we enter the casino we went right over to the rewards counter and I got another rewards card and checked on the awards we had to play with. We then headed over to the card tables, as we walked down the stars we were stopped by an old lady with white hair that was very short in height by the name of Brenda or Barba Lewis ( If I’m not mistaken) asking for our ID's. I stated that we left our IDs in our rooms and then I asked her why we were being carded, she stated "because". I then told her that the last time my boyfriend and myself came to the casino we never had to show ID's so why now do we have to show our IDs. She said 'Because I asked to see it". We stated to her that we just got reward cards without an ID. She told us she has been there for 11 years and that has never happen before. We went back in forward for about five min before She told us to go ahead to the casino. As we enter the casino I headed right to the bathroom while my boyfriend waited outside for me. I walk out to find 7 security guards waiting for me. An older lady by the name of Loretta York approached me asking to see my ID; I kindly try to explain to her that we left our IDs and the last time we came we didn't have to show ID and why out of the blue we have to start showing our IDs even after the other lady let us come in. She said if we didn't have our IDs we had to leave. I said to her this is crazy we didn't need an ID to check into the hotel and started to walk back towards the doors. Well I guess she didn't hear me, so she pushed my shoulder with hers got in my face and said what the hell you said. I was such in shock number one by the fact that she just hit me with her shoulder but also by the fact she is cussing at me when not once did I raise my voice or cuss at her nor did I get smart, I was just trying to get a better understanding to why we were surrounded by all theses guards as if we rob the place. I then repeated what I said " we didn't need IDs to check into the hotel" slowly to her so she could hear me, She was so close to my face it look like we were kissing, She then pointed her finger in my face and told me to get out. I started to walk where we came in at, she then reached her arm our which was right in front of my face and told me “no YOU go that way” I told her our rooms are not that way, She stood and front of me and just stood there. I left. I went back to our room in tears because I had never been disrespected like that ever. I got my ID and went back to the casino. I showed the short lady that we first seen on our way in, and headed right over to play the card table. At 4:25am Loretta York approached me telling me to get out my seat and to walk over to where she was standing with another security guard. She put her hand out and asked for my ID, I gladly handed her my ID. She held it for about four min if not more. Handed me my Id back and walked away without saying a word.
That was my second time ever going to the Pearl River resort and definitely will be my last. How can they have people working there that disrespect their guest, and to go to the extent of hitting me with her shoulder? If it wasn't for my boyfriend I would have hit her back, but thanks to him he grab my arm before I could do to her what she did to me. I'm still in shock by how they allow this type of behavior to happen.

20  Thank Nu Nu V

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Kind of a weird setup with a long corridor you have to walk around to get to the casino ( if you enter from the hotel with the walkway). We played the penny slots and they were tighter than a water frogs butt. If you plan on trying to win go to Biloxi and hit the Beau or IP. This casino doesn't really have that magic.

2  Thank Mafiama
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Always have a lot of fun here! Love breakfast at the Villa Restaurant. The bands at The Starlight Lounge this weekend (6/13-6/14/2014) were fantastic, especially Miles Flatt!! They put on a great show. Love the rooms at Silver Star Hotel -- don't like staying at Golden Moon at all. All the employees at both places are extremely pleasant, caring, and friendly!! And of course had a great time playing slots and three-card poker!! There is so much to do here with the Casino, water park, golf course, etc. A great place to visit!! Looking forward to the upcoming 20-year celebration concerts here -- Tim McGraw, Alabama, Lady A, Marty Stuart and Josh Turner!!! Thank you, Silver Star, for always a great time!!!

1  Thank SkipsMom2009
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed three nights at the casino hotel to enjoy the casino, restaurants, pool etc. We spent some time each day at the slot machines (but didn't get lucky) and enjoyed good breakfasts at both the Villa and Dolce' - and had dinner at the buffet which was average. Try the waffle cones at Dolce' - nice afternoon treat. We found the hotel room to be clean and it's features were all we required. The personnel that we encountered were all friendly and accommodating. THE BIG NEGATIVE was the pool area and adjoining leisure area. It was our opinion (as well as other guests who we did not know personally ) that the children of the employees were using the pool with very little adult supervision. Running, hollering, leaving trash/food etc. which made the pool area not enjoyable AT ALL. There was also some "unrest" in the bar area of the pool which was unnerving. The fountain in the adjacent area had stagnant water and the whole area needed cleaning. Mosquitos were everywhere. It could have been a nice get away- but...

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This casino was bigger than anticipated, and the live music that started early in the day was outstanding. Slot payoff is so so.