“Very nice for the price”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Richland
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I travel frequently and this hotel is better than I expected for the price. We stayed in a very spacious king room. The room was updated, the mattress was firm and the room was very clean. Breakfast is modest but gets the job done. The only negative I have is we could hear the person above us walking around but it wasn't an issue for us. The hotel also has a weekly rate so there were construction workers outside barbecuing. Again not an issue for me as they were respectful and didn't bother us. Overall this was a very good value and highly recommended if you want a low cost place to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites

Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel because my company has a contract with them. This is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in and I have stayed in hotels in 38states with my company. The beds are wore out and the room smells like cat urine. The owners just don't care if you like it or not because he knows we have no choice because our company has a contract. If you have a choice keep driving. This is a trucker hotel not a place for a family.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed at this Rodeway Inn because it was the cheapest hotel to the camp I was meeting at about 20 miles away. It is true that you get what you pay for. The breakfast nook was very small and the selection was even smaller. However, I wasn't really there for the breakfast so it was fine.

The room was spacious and very clean. Outlets to plug things in were at a premium, though. I was trying to plug in an iPad, phone and something else and there were only two plugs that I could find.
I stayed up on the second floor near the stairs in the corner. My room had one king bed, a couch, desk and chair, and a fridge and little microwave. In all it was great for what I needed.
I was surprised by the lack of front desk personal. The day I arrived there were two men at the desk. The next morning when I went in for a cup of coffee and something for breakfast, there was no one manning the desk. Then, the following morning when I checked out, there wasn't anyone there to check me out! I waited for 5 minutes before going over to the door and knocking on it. It was 7:30 in the morning, so I would expect the desk to be manned...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I'm a truck driver that broke down in Jackson, MS and had to take my truck to International Dealership. They suggested I stay at the Rodeway Inn & Suites in Richland, MS. I have stayed from December 13TH through the 18TH. The owners (DAD, MOM, AND SON) have been very good to me. When I needed something they seen it was taken care of. Their staff is second to none. So if you are in the Jackson, MS area and need a place to stay look no further then Rodeway Inn & Suites RICHLAND, MS.... Chris Lewis

Room Tip: Route 49 South in Jackson, MS
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I Recently Stayed Here Over The Holidays Everything Was Great. The Staff Was Very Friendly And The Rooms Were Nice And Comfortable. Great Location And The Rate Was Very Reasonable.. I Didn't Experience None Of The Bad Reviews I Read. When In Mississippi I Will Return Back To This Location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012

we had a very wonderful experience at this hotel. my family and i were in town for a vacation and stayed here. the room was very clean and the staff was excellent. the place was very clean and the hotel was very quiet. very nice place for very reasonable rates!!! strongly recommend.

Room Tip: just let staff know what your needs are!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We have stayed here in the past. It's a cheap place to stay and not a bad location. This time however we were disappointed. There was mold in the bathroom. The carpet was sticky feeling under your feet in the room. I'm going to report them to choice hotels and to the state board of health.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richland
Hampton Inn Richland
Quality Inn & Suites Southwest
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!