“The breakfast was good but be cautious of the housekeeping.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
College Station, Texas
“The breakfast was good but be cautious of the housekeeping.”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The breakfast was good and the lobby is nice. The housekeeping was fair at best. The room seemed clean at first but at a close inspection there were gaps in cleanliness. The housekeeping got worse after the first day. We were told at one point there were no more towels in the hotel. There were also major communication gaps with the staff, which caused headaches for our stay. And unfortunately, the hot tub was broken during the entire weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Easy to get to and close to restaurants and shopping at Renaissance outdoor shopping mall. Availability can be an issue so book early. Staff was competent ;however, for the most part not friendly. I would agree with a previous reviewer that this is the place to stay when traveling to Jackson or as a stop over for longer trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
It is very nice of you to say the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland is the place to stay while in the Jackson area. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Moselle, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with very nice front line service. My wife and I checked in on a Friday afternoon to attend a convention at the hotel. The first impression was great as was our first impression upon entering our suite. Housekeeping was the issue. Dust everywhere - covering the silk plant beside the TV, a thick layer of dust on the shelf under the bathroom vanity, dust in the corners of the cabinet underneath the living room TV. The in room coffee service was much appreciated except that the housekeeper didn't leave any coffee; plenty of sugar, creamers, etc but NO coffee. The back of the bathroom door was covered in splatter marks from mopping the floor. And, to top it all off, we had our do not disturb sign on our door on Saturday morning, and what happens? Yep, the housekeeper knocks on our door. When I answered, her response was "I didn't see the sign". I looked and it was in the lock. How could she miss it? A great room just got deplorable. A nice job was done by the staff for the convention. This could have been an absolutely wonderful stay had housekeeping taken a little pride in their work. I manage a hotel in Memphis, and customer service and a clean hotel are the two necessities that I demand of my team and I expect this of any General Manager who takes pride in his/her property.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.
KS
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed at this property for the first time on our way to the gulf and were pleased though not wowed....would like to give it a 3.5. Room was clean though had large red stains on floor from past guests. the Friday happy hour was nice and breakfast yummy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel with the stains on the floor and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed.
We hope you will give us another chance to show you what a great hotel we are. Thank you.
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This is always the first place I try to get into when I'm staying in the Jackson Metroplex. Comfortable rooms, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and all the amenities you expect of an Embassy Suites. Just off the interstate so easy to get to other parts of town. And right next to Renaissance Mall, with several good places to dine as well. Only problem I have is getting in, as it is very popular!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
We would like to thank you for your nice review and many compliments of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We hope to see you again on your next visit our way.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Great location. Area is safe with shopping and restaurants near by. Great value. Very kid friendly with complementary happy hour so mom and dad actually have a chance to say hello to each other. We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times and will be back.

1 Thank jmwci
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the with complementary happy hour during your stay with us. We take great pride in knowing we have return guests and always enjoy hearing from them. We look forward to your next visit here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland.
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

let me start by saying I stay at ES all over the country (by choice) when on business because of the cook to order breakfast, the rooms are very spacious, the managers cocktail reception (which is complementary) and the staff seems to know that ES looks to be one of the better brands as they are more expensive than neighboring Hampton and HGI. At this particular establishment I have consistent problems with the attitude of the chef cooking omlets to order - never smiles and he acts as if you are putting him out by asking him for an omlet. He has been here the last 4 times I have stayed here... today I decided to eat yougurt. Contrary the dining room staff is very friendly...

Stayed March 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was glad to read that you have stayed in our hotels throughout the county and that you've enjoyed our spacious rooms as well as our manager’s cocktail reception. We certainly appreciate your business and will continue to do everything we can to surpass your expectations. I do however apologize if you found one of our staff members to be unfriendly and rude towards you. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!