“excellent hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was an excellent hotel with a beautiful lobby and very spacious guest rooms. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! The complimentary snacks in the evening was also great. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Wahnee S
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your convention here at our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Thank you for your comments concerning our staff, food, and cleanliness. Your review is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Suites while attending a convention that was held at the hotel. This is a fairly new hotel, located in a great area with many restaurants and shopping very close in a neighboring outdoor mall. Area is upscale, so safety was not a concern. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The entire hotel seemed to be well kept. Hotel staff were friendly and efficient. We ate breakfast at the hotel twice and also had several meals catered by the hotel for the convention. All meals were good and hot, quality and variety were great. We enjoyed our stay and will use again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mart38655
Reviewed 17 April 2013

we traveled to Ridgeland for a karate tournament in Jackson so we wouldn't have to get up so early the morning of the tournament. The hotel was a little out of the way but well worth the 15 minute drive to Mississippi College for the tournament. Everything was clean and well-maintained, staff was courteous, and it was so QUIET. I HIGHLY recommend this facility to anyone who happens to travel in this direction.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Sandra O

Here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland we greatly appreciate your nice review and hope things went well at the tournament. Thank you for you high recommendation and taking the time to give us your thoughts. We hope to see you again when you are in our area.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

On the first night of my stay, I reported the noise of NINE adolescents staying in one room without an adult. They were banging things on the floor so loudly, I heard them TWO floors below. It went on from 7pm to Midnight. I called and reported it to the front desk TWICE around 10pm and still nothing was done. It started again at 7:30am and woke me up. I called the front desk and reported it again yet nothing was done. I went up to the room and confronted the guests and asked these unsupervised kids to stop - that lasted for 5 minutes so I called the front desk again and told the associate that I wanted the Hotel Manager to come see me when he arrived. Around 8am, the noise stopped above me and 5 minutes later started again - in the parking lot! All nine kids were out there with ONE chaperone carrying on and making a racket. I realized the manager was not in yet so I went down to breakfast and who do I see? Nine little hellions. Within 1 minute of me being there, they dropped a breakfast plate on the floor, letting it shatter into a hundred pieces (always enjoyable for those with slippers on at breakfast). Then they proceeded to reach into the food warmers and grab pancakes WITH THEIR BARE HANDS and even put one back to be sure they fully contaminated the hotel food supply. After breakfast, the manager did not come see me but he did call. I told him I wanted a new room if they were not able to contain these boys. He told me they would look for another room and work on removing these people from the hotel. He apologized for the night manager's incompetence in not handling the situation. He also stated that he was refunding the Honors Points I used to pay for the first night. He called me back a little while later and assured me that the offenders were checking out and would not be a problem on Saturday night. He also discounted the price of the room for the second night. Had he not taken these actions to make sure I was taken care of, I would have given poor ratings. He made the difference in my stay and turned a HORRIBLE situation around. I slept soundly the second night.

Room Tip: Away from children.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We are also very happy that this incident was corrected to your satisfaction.
Thank you for accepting our apology.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The breakfast was good and the lobby is nice. The housekeeping was fair at best. The room seemed clean at first but at a close inspection there were gaps in cleanliness. The housekeeping got worse after the first day. We were told at one point there were no more towels in the hotel. There were also major communication gaps with the staff, which caused headaches for our stay. And unfortunately, the hot tub was broken during the entire weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Easy to get to and close to restaurants and shopping at Renaissance outdoor shopping mall. Availability can be an issue so book early. Staff was competent ;however, for the most part not friendly. I would agree with a previous reviewer that this is the place to stay when traveling to Jackson or as a stop over for longer trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

It is very nice of you to say the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland is the place to stay while in the Jackson area. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with very nice front line service. My wife and I checked in on a Friday afternoon to attend a convention at the hotel. The first impression was great as was our first impression upon entering our suite. Housekeeping was the issue. Dust everywhere - covering the silk plant beside the TV, a thick layer of dust on the shelf under the bathroom vanity, dust in the corners of the cabinet underneath the living room TV. The in room coffee service was much appreciated except that the housekeeper didn't leave any coffee; plenty of sugar, creamers, etc but NO coffee. The back of the bathroom door was covered in splatter marks from mopping the floor. And, to top it all off, we had our do not disturb sign on our door on Saturday morning, and what happens? Yep, the housekeeper knocks on our door. When I answered, her response was "I didn't see the sign". I looked and it was in the lock. How could she miss it? A great room just got deplorable. A nice job was done by the staff for the convention. This could have been an absolutely wonderful stay had housekeeping taken a little pride in their work. I manage a hotel in Memphis, and customer service and a clean hotel are the two necessities that I demand of my team and I expect this of any General Manager who takes pride in his/her property.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!