“Poor experience”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Memphis, Tennessee
“Poor experience”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

First the positives. I usually stay at Embassy Suites for business and personal travel. Good value. Two rooms, complimentary hot breakfast and manager special cocktail hour. Nice lobby. Great location, by an upscale mall, and an excellent little French restaurant, Anjou, within walking distance. However, I had a bad experience at this particular Embassy Suites. First of all, I have stayed in many Embassy Suites, usually my hotel of choice, and never have I had such a disappointing experience. Upon checking in as a Gold Member I am usually greeted as such, and provided a treat or something. Nothing this time. I asked if they had my Gold membership listed and they said yes. Then it got worst. My room was not made up for two days, despite requests to both housekeeping, hotel staff, and by phone, and despite promises, I received no assistance. When my waste baskets ran full, I had to walk down the hall to empty it (at the end of each day). I ran out of clean towels after two days, and had to go to the pool to bring clean towels to my room (I work out twice a day and therefore ran out of clean towels as well as shampoo). When I ran out of shampoo and conditioner, I finally tracked down a house keeping person and got some. When I could not access the Internet via my iPhone, I asked for a password and was given an incorrect one by someone at the front desk, and another guest gave me the correct one. Finally, I went to the front desk the morning of the third day, and only then did I receive towels delivered to my room (but still no shampoo/conditioner--had to go to the front desk again and they gave me some from their back room). I informed the front desk by phone earlier that that my bedspread appeared soiled, and despite an assurance, it was never changed. I was informed by other guests that they also had bad experiences, due to the hotel being full and apparently short of house keeping staff. There were other minor problems, but these were the most irritating ones. I am sorry to report this, as I usually have very good experiences at Hilton Hotels, which is why I frequent them for business and personal travel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member we sincerely appreciate your business. Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our properly and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize if we feel below your expectations. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days to attend a conference. The hotel was conveniently located to several up-scale shopping stores and restaurants. The inside of the building was fine, the waterfall in the lobby was impressive. My favorite part of the stay were 1) the hot breakfasts (made to order omelets, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bacon, sausage, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc.) and 2) the nightly complimentary snacks and alcoholic beverages.

The negatives, however, can be mostly attributed to the housekeeping. Upon arrival, our suite (which had a sitting room w/TV and a separate sleeping area w/TV) had only one remote control. This remote had obviously been dropped or stepped on as it had a massive crack down the center and would not turn on. We called the front desk and within a few minutes, two new remotes were delivered.

The next morning, upon trying to use the hair dryer, it too was obviously broken. It was crushed like the TV remote, completely split down the middle with all of the insides spilling out. I called and a new hairdryer was delivered within 5 minutes.

The coffee maker did not work but instead made a beeping sound when trying to operate. We reported this to a housekeeping attendant who came and took the coffee maker away, but never brought us a new one back.

On the last day our room was made up, no new towels were delivered to the room and the old ones were taken (even though they were hung up). I didn't notice there were no towels until AFTER showering, when I had only a wash cloth to dry off with.

Also during the stay I had to visit the front desk 3 times because my room key had been deactivated. My roommates also had this happened at least once to each of them. When I went to the desk the clerk rudely asked, "You didn't put it next to your cell phone, did you?" I understand that this can happen w/cell phones and room keys, however I honestly didn't carry my cell phone with me so no, this wasn't the case with me. But even if it had been, would it have mattered? I still would have needed my car reactivated.

The room was fine. I had to sleep on the sofa bed which was pretty rough on my back. I wished there could have been a more substantial topper as the one on the bed was really flimsy. The parking at the hotel was very limited too.

As far as the business features of the hotel, the rooms were fine for presentations, however one day when our keynote speaker was about to go on, the hotel's ambient music came on and it took several minutes to get this off before the speaker could begin.

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views. We were on floor #2 and had a direct view of the commercial-size...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
St Johns, FL, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This hotel is very consisting at delivering good service. It had many upgrades since opening. Breakfast is one of the best, among many other Embassy Suites we stay at. The manager's reception is always friendly and after a busy day it's a great place to relax, thanks to Kaley the Bartender who makes you feel like you are home again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Thank you so much for such a nice review.
We're always looking for ways to identify star performers on our team and will share your positive review with Kaley. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts! We look forward to your next visit.
Houston Suburb, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Really nice hotel, with those extra amenities that a traveler appreciates and enjoys. Comp Breakfast with omelets and other items made for you. Plenty of room in lobby and dining area. Comp drinks in the evening. I personally don't like the small, soft pillows. Other than that, I recommend this Embassy Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for recommending our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland to other travelers. We appreciate your nice review and look forward to your next visit.
Latham, NY
Reviewed 15 October 2013

After traveling on our road trip for 3 days, embassy was a nice change in hotels for us. We loved our room, you have a living room dining room combination, that has a queen sleeper sofa, and king bed in the bedroom, and spacious updated bathroom, plenty of room to truly relax and spread out. Breakfast was a far cry from typical hotel breakfast, they offer cereal, a variety of fresh fruit, baked items, and a made to order omelet station, the food was delicious and the staff very helpful. Don't forget to bring some cash from your room for a tip. The night we arrived there was a "managers" spread of food laid out for guest to enjoy, that contained a wide variety of snack items. Loved this hotel and would recommend staying all this for 2 and it was $118 with taxes.

• Stayed September 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We are glad to read you enjoyed your room and think it was spacious here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We thank you for your business and for such a nice review. Hopefully you will be able to spend more time here in the near future.
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stay here every time we visit family in Jackson and have never been disappointed. The staff is helpful, friendly, & accommodating. Rooms are spacious, like all Embassies, clean, and the bed was super comfy. Breakfast food was great, but it was the staff that really puts the hotel on top. Super location makes getting around very easy. Highly recommend.
PS: Our grandson loved the indoor pool!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
We are always happy to hear from our return guests here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Knowing we have never disappointed you and you enjoy our location is great! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your great review and for your business.
Calhoun City, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Excellent accommodations - great evening reception, delicious breakfast buffet complete with made to order omelets, clean rooms with lots of space - feels more like a studio than a hotel room - has a high-end look and finish.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
We are glad you think we have excellent accommodations here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Thank you for your business and for your nice review. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!