Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Excellent hotel accommodations and staff. My room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional. I ordered room service when I arrive. It was to my room very quickly, hot, and better than going to any outside restaurant. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your comment that our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland provided you with an excellent hotel and staff. Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great breakfast every day offering a good selection. Sufficient gym and small pool, which was nice. My experience for the 3 days I stayed was good with one big exception; housekeeping....or should I say "lack of"? The worst I think I have had at any hotel. Unfortunately, no matter how nice everything else was, that is a very important area for me. I complained and was told it wasn't the first time this has been complained about....I wonder why it wasn't the last?

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelGirlNashville
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts. We are happy you enjoyed our location and our service during your stay and hope you will be staying again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I assume a bellhop would have been available upon request, but I was surprised to not be stalked upon arrival. The room was huge, and although I thought two flat screen TVs was excessive, it was nice to not watch TV in the bedroom. The evening snacks and drinks became an item on the agenda after the first night. It won't replace dinner, but includes tasty, simple appetizers. - Be careful what you leave in the room. I recommend hiding anything in your room that may possibly be interpretted as trash; it will be thrown away.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your nice review regarding our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We will be sure to let the staff know about your kind words regarding them. Hopefully we will be hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I would recommend this hotel. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, the daily complimentary happy hour (wine and snacks) was great. The complimentary breakfast was fully stocked and always had staff around to help. The only downside is that there is not a lot (restaurants and attractions) within walking distance. I did, however, dine at Anjou (five minute walk from the hotel) and enjoyed the food. About 15 mins walk is a little shopping center with restaurants and a Fresh Market.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for recommending our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland to others.We appreciate your nice review and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The experience was great. I found the staff to friendly and accomodating. The complimentary reception is a nice way to cap off a long travel day or work day. The rooms are very spacious and is a huge deviation from the standard hotel room. The layout sublimally says relax you are home. If that is not enough, the shower is the perfect way to wash away the day's stress and the perfect wway to say good morning world.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We are glad to read you enjoyed our complimentary reception and that you found the staff friendly here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will stay with us next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My family and I checked in on the 28th of December 2013 at 4:38pm, but we actually were not settled in a room until 6:31pm.

The front desk representative (Annette) was honestly left to be desired. She didn’t have a pleasant attitude at all. When I checked in, I asked her if she had a room on a higher floor and she told me that she didn’t have a room with double beds that was clean. So she placed us in room 219. When we got to 219, the mirrored door on the closet was hanging off of the hinges. When I called to report it…I told her that we will suffice for a King Room on a higher floor and allow the kids to sleep in the living area on the sofa sleeper. She then placed us in room 616 however, the heat was not working. After turning on the thermostat to a warmer climate, and got no results…I called the front desk again. She seemed very perturbed and told me that she will call maintenance. When maintenance arrived he told me that he would bring us a space heater until he was able to rectify the concern. I then walked down the hall headed to the lobby when I ran into Donna (who is one of the housekeeping employees). She asked me was I ok…and I explained to her my concerns. She then took time out to walk me to the lobby and explained to Annette (at the front desk) that she can move us into 619 which was a double that just got cleaned. Annette told her that room was not in the system and she could not move us in that room. At this point, my husband and I needed a drink so we went to the bar for the happy hour until they figured it out. After sitting at the bar 10 minutes the bar tender told me that the front desk clerk wanted us at the front desk. When we walked over to see Annette…she just reiterated that she couldn’t move us in 619 and she is too sorry. However, she could move us in room 529. She gave us a key to 529 and we went back to the bar. When we got back upstairs to 616 to move our belongings, we explained our whole experience to the maintenance guy and he informed us that 619 had heating issues too. He also told us not to go down to room 529 because it was a maintenance room not a guest room. At this point I was frustrated to the 10th power…because I was very tired and wanted to relax. I told Donna the situation and she had me to speak to Laverne (Housekeeping Supervisor). Laverne took the matters in her own hands…I told her that I didn’t want to go back to the front desk because Annette was not pleasant, and I didn’t want to deal with the lack of customer service. So she asked me to stay put in 616 until she returned. She came back 20 minutes later with two keys to room 629. We checked it out first then moved our belongings in the room about 6:30pm. Now that was great customer Service she provided!!!!

On the 29th of December my husband and I headed to breakfast and ran into Derrick (maintenance supervisor); we explained our experience to him and he told us that he would come by our room with a pad to take notes. However, he never came by. He did advised us also to ensure we spoke to Tiffany Murray who in turn was not on the property when we checked out (even though the sign on the wall stated she was the manager on duty). When we checked out and found that Tiffany wasn’t around, we asked for Derrick but the front desk representative stated he was off site getting a key made and he would be back in 45 minutes. Brittney (the front desk representative) was very patient and disgusted with all that we had gone through. She spoke to Tiffany who was off site, and they allowed our stay to be complimentary since we had soo many issues.

Thank you for having individuals on board like Brittney, Donna, Laverne and Rosie. All four individuals showed splendid CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

IN-DOOR POOL AREA VERY NICE....ROOMS EXTREMELY CLEAN....BREAKFAST IS ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL....and the GM is ABSOLUTELY GRAND....ALL ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

You won't be disappointed staying here!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shree P
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to learn of your experience at our hotel, and regret that we did not provide a level of service that anticipated and responded to your needs. I apologize for the issues that you reported. I am happy to read that you did have a good opinion of most of our staff and will be sure to let them know. Thank you for your review and for your business. We hope to see you again on your next trip our way.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Very nice Embassy, but the hotel may be short staffed, based on the housekeeping. Within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. My only real complaint is in regards to how housekeeping did a half job. The terribly slow tub drain was another issue. This property is pretty new, I would think that better care would be granted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We apologize that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and maintenance conditions were an issue. We're working with our staff to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. It's our goal to ensure guests are comfortable and taken care of and your feedback will certainly help us as we continue to improve. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!