“Embassy Suits - Business Trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Embassy Suits - Business Trip”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Could not want for a better hotel for business of pleasure. Service was fantastic, staff very friendly and welcoming. Room was cleaned and made every day. Wifi access was strong. Food was ok but the complementary evening snacks were very good. Nice added bonus.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
We are glad to read you enjoyed your business stay with us here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Thank you for such a nice review and hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is my favorite Embassy Suites stay ever! The building and rooms seem brand new with a very open set up much more suitable to the pleasant, sunny climate of the South than the normal design. They have done away with the incredibly noisy atrium concept and you met with a nice, airy, open 2 story lobby with full size lounge, restaurant and very comfortable seating groupings centered with a large water feature. There are windows throughout so you have views and there is no cave feeling like the normal atrium. The pool, Jacuzzi and gym and open with windows and nice. The suite room design is more open and flowing with wood floors and big windows. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room super clean. Everything was new and nice. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Registration was a tad slow, but that may have been a matter of timing and the attention was very personal and focused. They have a small store with food for the microwave, snacks and drinks. The Manager's Reception was very nice with plenty of snacks and wine and beer free. The bartender was very friendly and the event heavily patronized with guests staying in the seating area chatting and talking to each other long after the alcohol stopped. It appeared many people chose to stay at the hotel rather than going out since the environment was so nice. The staff were also very helpful with dining and local recommendations. The location was very good as well as you can walk to a few places and there is a large plaza mall with many dining establishments very near by. Plenty of parking in the lot as well. Every Embassy Suites should model this one - a wonderful stay that I highly recommend you try if you are in the Jackson area!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We look forward to the next time you are able to stay here with us.
Greenwood, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is not a typical Embassy Suites with all the rooms facing an open inner court. The amenities are the same-fabulous breakfast. I did have a slight AC issue in my room- they did compensated me during checkout.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you., . It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Cullowhee, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Usually, I have found that "big box" hotels aren't very friendly or comfortable, but this place has it all covered! The best thing, other than the staff, is the amazing food in their restaurant for lunch and dinner! While I was here for one week, I had the chance to have many meals in the restaurant, and with the exception of one, were absolutely perfect! (The one that wasn't perfect was really not their fault. I didn't pay attention to what I was ordering.) I have operated hotels in the past and am very picky. The staff here are so humble and helpful, and made my week in Mississippi a positive one.

Room Tip: Second floor is a bit loud with the public areas below, but I've had worse.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We are glad our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland made your weeks stay in Mississippi a positive one. Thank you for such a nice review and we hope to see you again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is way below Embassy standards. I stayed here because of the Embassy name. Shortly after checking in, another guest enters my room. The front desk made a mistake and booked another guest in my room. This awas a very awkward situation and we had to get new room keys made. The evening managers reception is not worth going to. The snacks were just crackers and cheese. However, I have noticed that all Embassy hotels have this same evening menu. Maybe it is a way for them to save money but the chain is definitely lacking in this area. The bathrooms in this hotel are small and cramped. The lighting is horrible. You might as well be using a dim flashlight in a dark room to get ready in the morning. Be careful in the showers, I can't believe no one has fallen yet and hurt themselves. I am an athletic person and almost fell twice due to them being slippery. The morning breakfast was so-so.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I’m very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve and for the inconvenient situation you experienced with your room. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. I'm actively working with our front desk team to ensure this issue does not happen again. I’m very sorry that our evening menu and the lighting in our bathrooms didn’t live up to your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we will use your comments to improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Tupelo, MS
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Enjoyed a nice visit here with my family. Bit of a departure from the more traditional atrium-style Embassy product, but the experience was very good. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, although the beds were a little low and not the most comfortable I've seen, but I suppose everyone has different tastes. Staff was very friendly in all areas. Like other Embassys, they had a nice manager's reception in the evening with complimentary snacks and house drinks. The food offerings were maybe a little sparse compared to what I've seen elsewhere, but all in all it was nice. Had dinner in the Flying Spoons restaurant and it was very good, although with a somewhat limited menu. One service ding is that they didn't have any of the desserts on the menu available because they said someone forgot to take them out of the freezer. :-\

The sleeper mechanism in the sofa was bent and wouldn't pull out, so our daughter had to sleep on the couch without the pull-out. We found clothes from the previous guest hanging on the robe hook in the bathroom, which makes me question the thoroughness of the housekeeping. However, we didn't see any other issues and it wasn't a big deal. Seems to be a common issue from reading other reviews, though.

The only thing keeping this from being a 5-star review is that while the hotel is very nice, there does appear to be a general lack of attention to details, from housekeeping to maintenance to F&B. With a top-tier product like an Embassy, the details matter. For example, just about every wall sconce in the hallways is crooked. I straightened several myself, just because that sort of thing bothers me....

If I am back in the area, I wouldn't have any hesitation staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. . I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We hope to be seeing you on your next visit our way.
Hattiesburg, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a great time and will stay there again. We were attending our High School 50th Class reunion. A number of us stayed there and had a very nice time eating breakfast and at the evening socials. The employees were extremely nice and helpful during our entire stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are happy you and your class reunion class mates had a good stay here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. We hope you will be able to visit our area again soon. Thank you for such a nice review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!