“Almost Perfect - Would stay here again!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Almost Perfect - Would stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

We were looking for a hotel that actually has a separate bedroom. We were travelling with our young daughter and we like to be able to put her to sleep and then stay up later in the bedroom. The stock photos on the website don't show a door to the room but there actually is one. This worked out perfectly for us because the bathroom (which was very large) was accessible from both the living area and the bedroom allowing us to use the bathroom without disturbing the baby. The layout is somewhat different from your standar Embassy Suites but I liked the new design. Very modern decor and plenty of room. The living area floors were a laminate material and there was carpet in the bedroom. The two rooms were side by side instead of the standard Embassy where it's a long hallway. There were great windows in both the living area and bedroom. No problems with the HVAC and the room was very comfortable. The staff at check in were very friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was at the complimentary breakfast. There was one person working to make omelettes and manage the hot breakfast for everyone staying at the hotel. As you can imagine a lot of the items were gone and not being replinished. I actually felt sorry for the lady trying to keep up with everything. We waited about 20-25 minutes for our omelette. It was delicious and worth the wait but the fact that almost all breakfast items were completely gone was really unacceptable. If they can fix that problem I would give them the best rating possible.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

This Embassy is new and very nice. The location is great, near a nice mall and lots of food choices. The service was very good. The hotel is still relativly new and updated with all the amenities. The rooms are a bit small or an Embassy, however my suite was just right for me. The bathroom is huge. Breakfast and Drinks in the evenings were complimentary, which is always nice with an Embassy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
South
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

I booked a week in advance for a corner suite. Traveled with my 2 young boys. No valet service, no help with luggage, etc..
I was given a room so small, we were literally tripping over our 2 pieces of luggage. I am a Hilton honors member and I have never been this disappointed. This room should be turned into a storage closet. Also, there was a hole in the ceiling and shower only. Too small for a tub.
Beware, I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

This is a new hotel that opened about 6-7 months ago. We came up here for a family reunion. Other than we could not sleep (nor could any of the other 6 families) because of the poorly designed Air conditioning system, the hotel, staff, food were great.

I was told by the maintenance staff that of the 4 vents in the room, 2 of them brought in fresh (outside) air. I think since it was the end of June (93 degree weather) this hot fresh air was too much to be pumping in the Hotel.

I would stay there again, but never in the summer. I wish I had not of prepaid for the 2 nights or I would have moved to Hyatt Place across the street. The 1st morning I told the front desk, gave her my contact info, and said she would contact the General Manager. I have heard nothing back from them.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasTravelerToo
L.A.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

This is near the Renaissance shopping center, which is an upscale center north of Jackson in a nice residential area of Ridgeland. There's a lot of relatively tasteful development in the area and it looks quite affluent. This property is part of that - across the way is the new Hyatt Place, another midlevel but chic type of hotel. I chose the ES since I'm a Hiton member.

This is not a typical Embassy Suites - the decor is more like a recent W or other chic boutique hotel, and there isn't an atrium, but rather a cool waterfall on the other side of the elevators. There's a nice area for the breakfast, which was very good; and a cafe/espresso bar which I never saw in action but imagine one day will be up and running and quite handy for a snack (you have to pay for it of course, but it looked nicer than a typical Starbucks and probably worth it).

The room was really quite nice. Mostly, I liked the layout. You walk in to a little kitchenette, then a desk/chair facing the seating area, which also has a TV. Thus, you can plop your stuff down (there's even a little shelf along the wall for keys, etc), open up the laptop, and switch on the tv and have a nice little office area to unwind and finish up work.

Then the other room has the bed and another tv (both flatscreens, 40 or so channels), and the bathroom has a tile-and-granite typical but nice decor and a huge shower. No tub, but I never take a bath, and I really liked the oversized shower pan.

This layout makes a lot of sense to me, and it felt cozy and comfortable. It wasn't so much as a "suite," mind you, as rather a typical hotel room cut in half to look like a suite - that said, it's still nice to have a division of work and sleep areas.

The service was great but there are a few things they need to to work on (which is understandable for a new property): The checkout counters were occasionally unmanned when I'd come in from the day and have a question, and I think this is a big no-no; there was no "do not disturb" ticket to place on my door so I had to call and ask for one; and most importantly, no 'hotel guide' binder so I'd get local contact #s for nearby shops and restaurants, and find out where the fitness center etc. are. I know these sound like little things, but my job is very physical and I like all the details in place - even one phone call can feel like a pain in the butt when you're hungry, tired, and your feet are hurting.

But, they strived for excellence and these are just a few silly bugs that can be worked out. Overall, really loved this place.

(One hint: Keep an eye out for the property - it's set back with no big sign on the hotel, which one of the locals told me is a zoning restriction from the mayor of Ridgeland. It's on the left, across the street from the Hyatt Place, as you're coming from the airport, in a business center with several new office/bank buildings.)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank vonroad
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

This hotel is virtually BRAND NEW - they opened 12/31/2008. Looks lovely, albeit a bit too much on the modern side for my husband. I loved it - modern architecture and decorations; long bar with free "manager special" drinks and appetizers during happy hour, inviting beds, hot breakfast, very nice indeed.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family