“Outstanding Embassy......would come back in a heartbeat”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Ponder, Texas
“Outstanding Embassy......would come back in a heartbeat”
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This is one of the new Embassy Suites properties that has the updated suites. Upon check-in the front desk staff couldn't have been more friendly in finding me a room since I showed up about an hour prior to check-in. After about a minute, I was on my way to my room. Once I got to my room I was greeted by a well appointed, fresh and new room complete with "hardwood" (laminate) flooring in the living area, a huge bathroom with a stand up shower and a very small bedroom. The small bedroom was the only drawback to this property, but since I only spend time in there to sleep I didn't really care. Nice new HD TV's were in the room along with your typical microwave and fridge. The Manager's Reception is excellent and probably the best I've ever experienced at an Embassy. The night I was present they offered beef skewers with rice, which is certainly a lot more than your typical chips and salsa that most properties offer at the Manager's Reception. I didn't get a chance to experience the breakfast as I had an early flight out, but I'm sure it would have been good. This property is in a great area with an outdoor mall just a couple blocks down the street. In the mall there is a PF Changs, Biaggis, and Ruths Chris steakhouse. Overall an excellent experience and I would return here the next time I'm in Jackson without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 22 October 2009

Situated across from the new Renaissance center, this Embassy Suites has everything at very reasonable rates. The property is sleek, modern and impressive. From the music under the portico to fountains and huge public spaces, it pushes the envelope for this category of hotel.

The rooms are modern and well designed (many with hardwood floors), but they are SMALL. The bedroom feels cramped and the sitting area not spacious, though the bathrooms are a decent size. Traveling alone, I didn't mind, but families and friends wanting to maximize the space may be in for a disappointment. The digital TV's are also small (32"), and the technology doesn't always work (some channels not working).

The BEST thing is the food and beverage service. The complimentary breakfast includes a huge hot buffet as well as omlette bar with some VERY friendly staff preparing custom orders...even when things are busy. Unlike Hyatt Place nearby, everything is included with the price of the room, making this a real value. There is also a full service bar as well as espresso bar and room service menu.

The staff is very friendly, but don't seem to offer a lot of service (I don't think it's their fault...I think it's the way they are trained). It often takes a while to get problems resolved...and a couple of times I had to ask twice.

The rates fluctuate, but are comparable with Hyatt Place for most dates. Overall, I wish the Embassy had Hyatt Place's big spacious rooms and big HiDef TV's....and wish Hyatt had a great food and beverage service. But, if you can't have it all, I have to choose Embassy Suites for a longer stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Houston
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Recently stayed for one night on a road trip to Memphis. This is a relatively new hotel. The rooms were clean and we liked that they had hardwood in the family area of the guest rooms. There was carpet in the guest bedroom. They sheets were new and crisp. The breakfast buffet was nice and they offer fresh made eggs in the morning.

The one down side is the customer service at the front desk. We stayed over on a Saturday night and had a couple of requests that went unanswered. The ESPN was not working in our room and we called the front desk for assistance. Kendrick was working the front desk and he said he would send someone to look into it. No one ever came and they never called to let us know what was happening. We wound up leaving the hotel to watch the game in a restaurant. We also called to ask if they had a floor fan for use in our room. He said he would check and send one up if they could find one. No one ever came and he never called us back to say the hotel did not have one we could use. Really not a problem but a bit better customer service could improve this hotel to great.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We were looking for a hotel that actually has a separate bedroom. We were travelling with our young daughter and we like to be able to put her to sleep and then stay up later in the bedroom. The stock photos on the website don't show a door to the room but there actually is one. This worked out perfectly for us because the bathroom (which was very large) was accessible from both the living area and the bedroom allowing us to use the bathroom without disturbing the baby. The layout is somewhat different from your standar Embassy Suites but I liked the new design. Very modern decor and plenty of room. The living area floors were a laminate material and there was carpet in the bedroom. The two rooms were side by side instead of the standard Embassy where it's a long hallway. There were great windows in both the living area and bedroom. No problems with the HVAC and the room was very comfortable. The staff at check in were very friendly and helpful. The only problem we encountered was at the complimentary breakfast. There was one person working to make omelettes and manage the hot breakfast for everyone staying at the hotel. As you can imagine a lot of the items were gone and not being replinished. I actually felt sorry for the lady trying to keep up with everything. We waited about 20-25 minutes for our omelette. It was delicious and worth the wait but the fact that almost all breakfast items were completely gone was really unacceptable. If they can fix that problem I would give them the best rating possible.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This Embassy is new and very nice. The location is great, near a nice mall and lots of food choices. The service was very good. The hotel is still relativly new and updated with all the amenities. The rooms are a bit small or an Embassy, however my suite was just right for me. The bathroom is huge. Breakfast and Drinks in the evenings were complimentary, which is always nice with an Embassy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
South
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I booked a week in advance for a corner suite. Traveled with my 2 young boys. No valet service, no help with luggage, etc..
I was given a room so small, we were literally tripping over our 2 pieces of luggage. I am a Hilton honors member and I have never been this disappointed. This room should be turned into a storage closet. Also, there was a hole in the ceiling and shower only. Too small for a tub.
Beware, I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This is a new hotel that opened about 6-7 months ago. We came up here for a family reunion. Other than we could not sleep (nor could any of the other 6 families) because of the poorly designed Air conditioning system, the hotel, staff, food were great.

I was told by the maintenance staff that of the 4 vents in the room, 2 of them brought in fresh (outside) air. I think since it was the end of June (93 degree weather) this hot fresh air was too much to be pumping in the Hotel.

I would stay there again, but never in the summer. I wish I had not of prepaid for the 2 nights or I would have moved to Hyatt Place across the street. The 1st morning I told the front desk, gave her my contact info, and said she would contact the General Manager. I have heard nothing back from them.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family