“good convenient hotel”

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Hotel is comfy, clean, geared to service. Free wifi in room, business papers daily, excellent and fast breakfast bar, plenty coffee. Acomodating staff, good beds, large semi suite rooms, really a good place to stay, with mall and excellent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank feedawg
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We recently stayed here to attend a local football game. Our room had a shower only and I prefer a bathtub. If I stayed here again, I would ask if they had a room with a tub. Unfortunately they were doing night construction on the interstate and we heard that all night. Ask for a room that does not face the interstate! Breakfast was great. The area was very well stocked and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lacubfan
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago with a team and I can't tell you how disgusting the breakfast area was in the morning! During the check-in we were told that we would not be able to get a queen room due to them being over sold in their queen rooms. We had sic in our party and me and my husband had to sleep on the floor. We asked for more sheets and when we asked it seemed as if we were just annoying the shift that was working that evening... When we got the sheets there was no thank you or anything... they were just kind of thrown at us. The wifi was horrible. The morning only got worse! We kindly asked the gentlemen who were working that evening if they could communicate to the person who sets up the breakfast that we were going to be leaving at around 6:00 and if they could please have breakfast out a bit earlier that it would be perfect. We came down expecting atleast some of it to be set out... There was NOTHING out. Very dissatisfied. When we asked the gentleman where the breakfast was he just seemed very annoyed and not apologetic what so ever. What has happened to customer service??? If you're looking for customer service DO NOT GO to this place. Not to mention they screwed up our billing and double charged us. We WILL NEVER stay at this property again. They should not even consider themselves a Hyatt hotel!

5  Thank Martha S
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I usually stay at this hotel when in Jackson, and this was the 3rd time this year. I am also surprised by the negative reviews because I have never had a bad room. It is also close to the mall and 3-4 resturants. Upscale side of town.

Room Tip: The west side of the hotel is away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mail2jeffp
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My 3 kids and I stayed here while evacuating from Hurricane Isaac. We had nothing less than a great experience. Hyatt Place is my go-to hotel when evacuating from hurricanes! (Gustav, Isaac). Been to several locations and they all deliver. Clean, contemporary, large suites (great for families), adequate breakfast, indoor pool, bar/food. While there is no restaurant on the premise, they do offer pizza, sandwiches, nachos, salad, etc. When we were there, Isaac found its way to Jackson and I didn't feel like driving to dinner in the pouring rain/wind, so we opted to stay at the hotel. I ordered 2 pizzas and some sandwiches. They actually ran out of pizza so we ordered Papa John's, but they comped the rest of the food for the inconvenience (which wasn't much.) The only real inconvenience was that they were having trouble with their wireless so I was sometimes unable to access the internet via my iPad. But they have 2 wired computers downstairs so that wasn't a real issue, either. They are within waking distance of a very nice outdoor shopping center, a sort of "town center" development with stores ranging from Banana Republic to Barnes and Noble to Apple. My teen girls and I enjoyed strolling through there; my 6-yr-old son, not too much. Speaking of which, they could use a few kids' channels on the TV. Cartoon Network was listed, but that was just a pay-for-games channel. We all finally resorted to watching "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo." Aaackkk! This Hyatt Place is also fairly pricy, probably due to the upscale location. (But still....)

1  Thank gemmom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Indoor pool was freezing cold. Room was worn and shabby (we were on the 6th floor, too). Toilet was wobbly and no longer attached to the floor and a huge bleach stain between bed and bathroom. Breakfast Sunday morning supposedly began at 7 but when we went down, it was already a disgusting mess: food all over every surface including floors, utensils, seats and tables. Food was picked over and unappetizing. Asked for a manager but one wasn't on duty at the time. Todd working the front desk was more interesting in counting his register than taking my information for a manager to "get back to me". A call to the Hyatt Guest Affairs line took my message but that's all they could do till a manager came in. We will never, ever, EVER stay in this nasty place again.

Room Tip: Apparently, there are no good rooms at this hotel.
4  Thank shellzbell
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I was expecting a better experience with the Hyatt brand attached. Here's what we experienced.
Our ride up to the sixth floor should have told us something about the lack of housekeeping here. The elevator was dirty. There were smears on the doors like someone wiped at them with a cloth and dirty water. The floor was stained. On each floor the elevator made a strangely loud buzzing noise to announce reaching each floor! Why? When we made it to the sixth floor the hallway to our room was HOT. Do they run the AC up here? Things got progressively worse from there. Our room had a strong moldy/musty smell. It seems to be originating from the AC unit in the room. What's growing in there? I can't think of many people who would enjoy sleeping in a damp, musty basement. Ok... What about the bathroom? More mold! The shower had mold growing in it. The towel rack in the shower was rusted. The door opened half-way and then got stuck on the floor. The bathroom was so small we had to wedge ourselves between the door and the toilet to get in or out of it. Did I mention the soap smells like urinal cakes? Why would I want to smell like that? The bed was a nice size. But, it squeaked with every little movement. The blanket had holes in it. It wasn't comfortable for me or my wife. Now for the few positive things about the room. WOW, that TV is huge! There's a fridge in the room, even though it froze our water. Ok, no biggie. Desk area and chair were nice... nice bar area... nice couch and ottoman. I think a good cleaning is in order. Maybe a mattress and linen swap? Perhaps a management change? Where's housekeeping? Sorry, I expected so much more than what I got. We won't be back... I will stay away from Hyatt Places everywhere because of this.... Yuck.

5  Thank Mike B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!