“Loved, Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Houma, Louisiana
“Loved, Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our family stayed at the Hyatt Place Mother's Day weekend and was VERY impressed. We stay in different hotels many, many times throughout the year and we were very impressed. The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful and professional. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Multiple amenities including 24/7 food available and a nice selection of sweets in the lobby cafe. Well-stocked breakfast area and great coffee! Walking distance to the Renaissance Mall as well. We would definitely stay here again when in the Jackson, MS area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daria H
Jack W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the kind words! I will definitely be sharing them with our team. I am glad you were able to enjoy the special weekend and hope that you will come see us agian in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Jack Warner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here to be close to the Natchez Trace Parkway entrance. The check-in staff were offhand, admittedly we didn't have a reservation, but they were far from full. The room was clean, but divided into a sitting area and therefore a small sleeping area with both beds pushed to the walls and just a small space between them. The beds were comfortable but the lighting was dim. There was not much space for the laptop but the Wifi access was free. A limited selection continental breakfast was included with an egg dish - which was hard (probably all cooked at 6am). Would not bother staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I spent Saturday night at Hyatt Place. Had to call to advise of late arrival. From that telephone call all the way to ck out everything was excellent. I was greeted immediately on our arrival by Todd and was checked in and in our room in less than ten minutes. Spoke with Todd on at least a half dozen other occasions and he was gracious and helpful each and every time. The room was immaculate. No complaints whatsoever. Breakfast was more than adequate. Noise level VERY low. Did not use pool but would hv if time had allowed. Would definitely stay at Hyatt Place Ridgeland again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank theranchgirl
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

From housekeeping to the administrative staff, my whole stay was terrible. I did report my concerns to corporate office.
The considerate housekeeper explained to me why cleaning would not happen in my room on that particular day, the housekeeper explained to me that she had already by passed my room and she had many other rooms to clean? And I thought the role of a housekeeper was to clean and replenish bed linen and bath towels, silly me.
Service fees added to my credit card without written notice on front desk counter or a clear explanation during check in.
I was also warned by the front desk to avoid providing information via phone because of credit card scammers, calling rooms requesting information.
Since when is it permissible for cleaning and laundry carts to enter the elevator along with hotel guests?
I am very disgruntled with the unprofessional behavior presented by small town staff members at this Hyatt location.
My room card never worked properly and I found myself making numerous trips to front desk through out the day to gain a working room card.
I was equally surprised to see a confederate flag, I do think this is the 21st century, but I could be wrong.

Overall, I would rate my stay as 2 thumbs down!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cynthia A
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I had a nice, clean room. Breakfasts were a pleasant surprise; we were pleased to have hot items available each morning, such as steel cut oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. Lots of women depend on daily cranberry juice, so that would be a nice addition. Also, a little bigger bathroom would've been nice, but we got by just fine.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen-Randy O
Germantown, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

This was our third stay at Hyatt Place, Ridgeland, MS. We would not have stayed here if we had not been very pleased the last two times. These were the issues on this visit: 1) We only had warm and hot water. To have a glass of water, we had to go get ice to cool down the warm water. On another note, I suppose that was better than not having hot water. I would have been very upset if we could not shower. 2) The hallway and room smelled like Chlorox, I had difficulty sleeping because the sheets smelled like Chlorox. I'm all for being sure things are clean, but isn't there another comparable product with a pleasant smell. 3) A group checked in across the hall from us at approximately 12 a.m. They were extremely noisy, making frequent trips in and out of the room with no consideration for others trying to sleep. I should have called the front desk on this one. 4) The afternoon we arrived I went to the dining area to warm up soup in the microwave. The rooms did not have microwaves. The only one was in the breakfast room. Upon opening the microwave door, I noticed how disgustingly filthy the inside was. I proceeded to warm the soup. The next morning I did not use the microwave at breakfast but I did warm soup again around noon. Again, the microwave was disgustingly filthy. This time I told the front desk clerk about it and he immediately cleaned it. This is something the breakfast staff should check every day and be sure it is clean since guests use it throughout the day. 5) We were disappointed there were no cartoon stations available for afternoon/evening viewing. With a 3 and 6 year old with us, it sure would have been nice. We did get Saturday morning cartoon stations. We will probably stay at a different hotel in Ridgeland on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

The Hyatt Place in Ridgeland has become one of the preferred hotesl for those staying in the north Jackson area. The rooms are large and well appointed and the staff are friendly. The continental breakfast always includes some hot food (pancakes or breakfast sandwiches) as well as a variety of fruit and other items. I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed the place. The hotel is a little hard to find from the address as I need directions for my first visit. The desk clerk was providing directions on the phone when I arrived last, so I am not the only one who need help finding the place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OldEagle48
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!