“I expected more from Hyatt, but can't complain too much”

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was our second stay at a Hyatt Place. At check-in, the hotel was very busy and had only one clerk available. She was working feverishly to assist guests, but there were six of us waiting in line while another clerk just stood around and talked to a guy at the bar. We had a room with a king bed, which was ample space for us. The sitting area was nice for watching TV or reading. The shower area was very small, but it was okay. We also had only either warm or hot water. For whatever reason, there was no cold water available. It was a pretty clean room, but there were no liners in the garbage bins, there were major "dust bunnies" beside the bed on one side, and the bathroom door was filthy. It had steaks of white residue all down the front of the door. I hate to think of what it was, but I don't really want to know. I did bring it to the attention of the front desk clerk, and he said they would take care of it. I mentioned it again at check-out because no one ever came to clean it. I can say that the air-conditioner in our room was phenomenal. It was a perfect temperature from the time we arrived to the time we left. On the morning of our check-out, we were trying to sleep-in after eating breakfast. We were not able to do this because someone's very young children were running and screaming up and down the hallway outside of our door for most of the morning. Granted, it was around 8:30 or 9:00, but people should still tend to their children and be considerate of others. The rooms did not have microwaves, but they did have small refrigerators. The only microwave we saw was the one in the breakfast room, but I am sure guests could use it anytime. The breakfast food available was a much better selection than one would get at most other hotels. There was an assortment of cereals, breakfast breads, and juice. They also had scrambled eggs, sausage links, yogurt, pancakes, and canned as well as fresh fruit. They also offered coffee and milk. Overall, it was just an average stay. It met our needs, but was nothing stellar or very typical of my other stays with Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WrldTravLR09
Jack W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. Without knowing how we can improve, we can never reach our goals. I apologize for the delay at your check-in and the issues you experienced within your guest room. I want to assure you that your feedback has been heard and the items will be addressed. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me at 601.898.8815. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention

Warm Regards,

Jack Warner

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our family stayed at the Hyatt Place Mother's Day weekend and was VERY impressed. We stay in different hotels many, many times throughout the year and we were very impressed. The hotel was clean and the staff was helpful and professional. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Multiple amenities including 24/7 food available and a nice selection of sweets in the lobby cafe. Well-stocked breakfast area and great coffee! Walking distance to the Renaissance Mall as well. We would definitely stay here again when in the Jackson, MS area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daria H

Thank you for the kind words! I will definitely be sharing them with our team. I am glad you were able to enjoy the special weekend and hope that you will come see us agian in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Jack Warner

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed here to be close to the Natchez Trace Parkway entrance. The check-in staff were offhand, admittedly we didn't have a reservation, but they were far from full. The room was clean, but divided into a sitting area and therefore a small sleeping area with both beds pushed to the walls and just a small space between them. The beds were comfortable but the lighting was dim. There was not much space for the laptop but the Wifi access was free. A limited selection continental breakfast was included with an egg dish - which was hard (probably all cooked at 6am). Would not bother staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I spent Saturday night at Hyatt Place. Had to call to advise of late arrival. From that telephone call all the way to ck out everything was excellent. I was greeted immediately on our arrival by Todd and was checked in and in our room in less than ten minutes. Spoke with Todd on at least a half dozen other occasions and he was gracious and helpful each and every time. The room was immaculate. No complaints whatsoever. Breakfast was more than adequate. Noise level VERY low. Did not use pool but would hv if time had allowed. Would definitely stay at Hyatt Place Ridgeland again.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank theranchgirl
Reviewed 5 March 2013

From housekeeping to the administrative staff, my whole stay was terrible. I did report my concerns to corporate office.
The considerate housekeeper explained to me why cleaning would not happen in my room on that particular day, the housekeeper explained to me that she had already by passed my room and she had many other rooms to clean? And I thought the role of a housekeeper was to clean and replenish bed linen and bath towels, silly me.
Service fees added to my credit card without written notice on front desk counter or a clear explanation during check in.
I was also warned by the front desk to avoid providing information via phone because of credit card scammers, calling rooms requesting information.
Since when is it permissible for cleaning and laundry carts to enter the elevator along with hotel guests?
I am very disgruntled with the unprofessional behavior presented by small town staff members at this Hyatt location.
My room card never worked properly and I found myself making numerous trips to front desk through out the day to gain a working room card.
I was equally surprised to see a confederate flag, I do think this is the 21st century, but I could be wrong.

Overall, I would rate my stay as 2 thumbs down!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Cynthia A
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I had a nice, clean room. Breakfasts were a pleasant surprise; we were pleased to have hot items available each morning, such as steel cut oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches. Lots of women depend on daily cranberry juice, so that would be a nice addition. Also, a little bigger bathroom would've been nice, but we got by just fine.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen-Randy O
Reviewed 21 January 2013

This was our third stay at Hyatt Place, Ridgeland, MS. We would not have stayed here if we had not been very pleased the last two times. These were the issues on this visit: 1) We only had warm and hot water. To have a glass of water, we had to go get ice to cool down the warm water. On another note, I suppose that was better than not having hot water. I would have been very upset if we could not shower. 2) The hallway and room smelled like Chlorox, I had difficulty sleeping because the sheets smelled like Chlorox. I'm all for being sure things are clean, but isn't there another comparable product with a pleasant smell. 3) A group checked in across the hall from us at approximately 12 a.m. They were extremely noisy, making frequent trips in and out of the room with no consideration for others trying to sleep. I should have called the front desk on this one. 4) The afternoon we arrived I went to the dining area to warm up soup in the microwave. The rooms did not have microwaves. The only one was in the breakfast room. Upon opening the microwave door, I noticed how disgustingly filthy the inside was. I proceeded to warm the soup. The next morning I did not use the microwave at breakfast but I did warm soup again around noon. Again, the microwave was disgustingly filthy. This time I told the front desk clerk about it and he immediately cleaned it. This is something the breakfast staff should check every day and be sure it is clean since guests use it throughout the day. 5) We were disappointed there were no cartoon stations available for afternoon/evening viewing. With a 3 and 6 year old with us, it sure would have been nice. We did get Saturday morning cartoon stations. We will probably stay at a different hotel in Ridgeland on our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!