“Good”

Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Toluca, Mexico
“Good”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had stayed at Hyatt Place several times during the past years. I really like the spacious rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast is also very nice, with different options over the days. Front Desk staff is always friendly, even when I checked in very late one night after a delayed flight. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping area.
On the downside, during my last visit, the bathroom didn’t look very clean. It seems like it was no cleaned in a daily basis, but nothing too gross to complain about.
Definitively, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My girls and some of their friends recently stayed her for a girls weekend getaway. We absolutely loved the spacious rooms and also how convenient the hotel is for shopping. This will be our choice for our next girls getaway

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been a loyal Hyatt member for years and traveled quite extensively but must say this place was awful to put it nicely. Rude staff, room wasn't clean when we checked in at 5pm and had to be moved to another room. Breakfast was empty 20 minutes before closing. We stood at the front desk to ask about a question about a particular restaurant and waited for 10 minutes with no one there...we finally left. I am beyond disappointed and would NOT recommend anyone staying at this place. Oh, and we also asked for an iron that was not in our closet and never received one during our 2 day stay. The next time I come to Jackson, I will stay with Hilton.

Room Tip: I would recommend anywhere but the Hyatt Place in Ridgeland, MS
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hope B
Oxford, MS
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Quick trip to Jackson and stayed at the Hyatt Place. Very nice room. Good staff. Great TV. I really like the Hyatt Place line and this one proved to be excellent. Very close to upscale shopping area. Breakfast was very nice with some unexpected food offerings in a cheerful room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I booked a room with this hotel (prepaid) and arrived at around 8:00 p.m. A man checked in right before me, but when I approached to check in, the assistant GM told me that the hotel would be paying for my room. I was confused when she handed me a letter, but soon realized that they did not have a room for me and were sending me to another hotel - but she didn't explicitly state that until I asked her outright. She told me that she was going to have the third-party site where I booked/paid for my room refund me, and that she would "make things right."

Quite frankly, I was frustrated. No one let me know ahead of time that this was happening, so I schlepped into the hotel with my bags and everything only to be turned away. So I took the printed directions she gave me for the different hotel and tried to get over it. However, the directions that she gave me led me to a random residential intersection three miles away from where the actual replacement hotel was. So there I was, driving around in the dark in an unfamiliar place, having been led there by the hotel's assistant GM.

Finally, I stopped to figure out where this replacement hotel actually was, made it to the replacement hotel, and called the Hyatt to let them know what had happened. Not only did the assistant GM not answer my call or return my voicemail, she has also not responded to an email follow up I sent and my credit card has not been refunded.

I would obviously never return to this specific hotel -- the service I received was terrible.

2 Thank corklevy
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay. Great breakfast in the morning, very, extremely friendly staff. They even came to my room at 5am to replace my coffee maker. Room was very clean and fitness center was adequate. Close to an excellent shopping center and restaurants and about 30 minutes from the airport. Only con was checking out took a while as you had to do it in person at the front desk. There was a line. I am used to automatic checkout and getting a statement under my door the morning of checking out. No biggie.

Mandeville, LA
Reviewed 14 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

they always know my name, are very friendly and attempt to accommodate room requests. Rooms are clean and nice. no complaints for a business traveler. Breakfast is decent and is always ready when I go down.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!