Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
US$64
US$139
US$118
US$108
All reviewswalk in showerwithin walking distanceseparate sitting areapf changsindoor poolfront desk staffwould stay here againlarge roomhot foodgreat areastaff was friendlybusiness tripshopping mallbeds were very comfortableclean hotelconvenient locationexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Over the past 6 months, I have stayed here at least 5 times. The staff is very accommodating and friendly, but the maintenance and cleanliness of the rooms always seems below standards. I've stayed in four or five different rooms in this hotel, and only one of them did not have some minor problem. In one, the shower did not drain properly and I was standing in three inches of water by the end. In another room, the sink did not drain. Another room had a toilet that was not very clean. Another room had a problem with the mini-fridge (it was not installed properly and made a loud noise as a result). Also, for whatever reason, that bathrooms never seem very clean, with discoloring on the walls and floors of the shower and in the toilets. In short, I really want to like this hotel, but come away disappointed each time I visit. I know some of my complaints seem minor, but the hotel has so much potential. I go in expecting it to be really nice and come away slightly frustrated that the minor details seem overlooked.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kieljon
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Fabulous hotel! I have not one bad comment. Great, spacious rooms, friendly staff and a very good breakfast. We also used the gym which is small but sufficient - all you need. Short walk over to the Renaissance which has a great range of shops and a fantastic fresh food market. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We got a tour... Who gives hotel tours? The front desk wanted us to feel special and welcome. Then the room was great! No complaints - only praise! She also gave us discounts for local restaurants and showed us the 'locals' tricks for Jackson. Way above the average hotel typically run by low motivation service workers.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night and had to check out unexpectedly. I left my tablet and a couple of chargers behind and when I came back for them they were gone. I spoke the manager on duty and I was treated like a liar or a "crazy woman" who has just misplaced her belongings because it was not seen by any of their employees...
After a few days of requesting to to be contacted by the GM I finally had to call back myself. After several attempts I got connected with the GM whom, not to my surprise treated me just like his employees. I had to insist that my tablet was there and accuse one of his employees before he finally said that he would investigate. Long story short, they mailed me back my tablet after the employee returned it, but I have not even received as much as an apology from the GM or anyone else on staff for that matter. Very poor customer service to say in the least!

Room Tip: Keep your belonging on you at all times!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lovie2014
Jack W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Lovie2014 -

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. As with my telephone calls and follow up emails, please let me reiterate again that I am deeply sorry for the circumstances surrounding your tablet. I want to assure you that the team member involved is no longer associated with our hotel. We have prided ourselves on safe and guest friendly accommodations, and this one person did not meet that protocol. I am very happy that we were able to return your belongings to you and again, I am very sorry that this occurred in the first place.

Warm Regards,

Jack Warner

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had stayed at Hyatt Place several times during the past years. I really like the spacious rooms and comfy beds. Breakfast is also very nice, with different options over the days. Front Desk staff is always friendly, even when I checked in very late one night after a delayed flight. The hotel is conveniently located near shopping area.
On the downside, during my last visit, the bathroom didn’t look very clean. It seems like it was no cleaned in a daily basis, but nothing too gross to complain about.
Definitively, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business