“If Only All Hotels Were This Good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Stoke on Trent, England
“If Only All Hotels Were This Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

This is a great place. Not stayed at a Hyatt Place before but if they are all this good.....

VERY modern, clean, comfortable, minamilist - Great little touches everywhere. Lovely comfortable sofa and beds. Pool very nice, really liked how you could check in / out on computer terminals.

Location is actually pretty good - right beside a new outdoor mall which has a nice feel to it and in walking distance to PF Changs (nice meal there too)

If there was a downside, the breakfast is very limited and if busy, seating is very limited.

Recommend and maybe go back on day.

2 Thank StokeMark_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Memphis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

The hotel was overrated. The food was very expensive and so not tasty. Check your sofa bed, because mines had dead ants in it. but they were kind enough to provide me with another room. For $90 a night a hot breakfast would be nice. The continental breakfast sucks! they dont serve whole milk! you may as well go to the freakin Hilton, and get your money's worth!

1 Thank sh9782
Waxahachie, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

We just needed a room for one night to break up a long road trip, so I didn't want to spend a fortune... This place was great! It is brand new and is in a good location. The room had a huge flat screen, hd tv and very comfy beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful - they helped us find a place for dinner and printed the directions for us. They have an indoor pool that is also nice. Everything is great here!

1 Thank redtoes74
St. Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

Stayed 1 night on the way to Gulf Shores – arrived early evening - left late morning. Every year we stay in Jackson; this was our first time at the Hyatt. We had 2 rooms (2 Teenagers + 2 kids under 10). We got the each room for $98/night. The hotel is obviously new (and thus clean). 24hr grab and go food bar, 24 hr Starbucks, small but useable pool the kids enjoyed, nice lobby area, free continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi (I am sitting in the lobby as I type). The rooms are very comfortable (as others have stated)and much larger than expected - the 42in HDTV and comfy bed matched my set-up at home. Technically, with 2 queen beds, you could sleep small kids, parents, and at least one teenager on the L-shaped couch.

All that said – the best part of the stay – the customer service. From the two young women with constant sweet smiles and laughter to the friendly gentlemen in the morning – I was just impressed with their focus on us – during check in/out, time to explain the hotels offerings – how to get the most of our stay, where to get a bite to eat, the kindness to the kids, and their overall willingness to accommodate us. I loved the fact that they made eye contact at all times and stopped what they were doing to focus attention on us with each engagement. Being raised in the South and moving away 20 years ago, this service was quintessential Southern Hospitality that I sorely miss!!!

Thanks for a great stay ---- well worth $.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2009

I got a great deal on the Hyatt website by paying for a nonrefundable room. The Hyatt Place has a sleek, modern look inside and out but offers minimal services (compared to regular Hyatts) to keep prices low. Everything looks great because the hotel is so new, but the staff, though nice, is still in the process of learning all the hotel procedures. The room has a large flat screen tv that swivels so that you can watch tv from either the bed or the sofa. Plus, the wifi is very reliable. The bathroom is also sleek, and though the bathroom itself is a bit cramped, the shower area is quite spacious.

This hotel is the closest hotel to the Renaissance at Colony Park center, so I was able to walk directly to great dining and shopping options in just a few minutes. The free continental breakfast is very basic, but you can buy additional food items too. The lobby has computers and a printer for guest use. The hotel also has a gym and indoor pool, but I didn't take advantage of those.

I love the design concept of the Hyatt Place and will definitely seek out a Hyatt Place again in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

My wife and I are local to the area and decided to stay at the Hyatt because we were having some exterminating done at our home and wanted to get a good night's sleep since I work an overnight job. We decided upon the Hyatt because we'd recently stayed at a Hyatt Place in Oklahoma City in April. We praised OKC for having the best service we've ever experienced in a hotel. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for the Jackson/Ridgeland location. The hotel stay was pleasant (despite noise from I-55), the rooms were clean and everything in the room itself was great. The problem was with the check-in and check-out. I think the agents working the counter are way too young to handle their positions. We watched a couple leave and go next door to the Embassy because the young agent wasn't very confident in providing answers to their questions. We also experienced the same amount of uncertainty as we checked into the hotel. However, the worst part of the stay was our exit. My wife was already gone back to our home and I was trying to sleep (again, I work overnight and arrived to the hotel @ 8 AM). The hotel cleaning manager knocked on my door at 12 PM and instructed me that I had to leave or be charged. I informed her that my checkout time was 2 PM because I registered online for the Hyatt Club and the check-in agent confirmed a 2 PM checkout. She stated there was no 2 PM checkout and that I would be charged if I didn't leave. Even though I knew I was right and the morning desk attendant confirmed it, I chose to just leave since I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy the last two hours of my stay given my current level of frustration. I was very disappointed that this lady didn't know the rules of her hotel and wasn't aware of 2 PM checkout times for certain club level members. It defeats the purpose of being a member of any type of VIP service if you're treated like a drifter instead of a valued customer. My wife and had passed on several cheaper hotels because we were going with what we thought was the best. The desk attendant did not do anything to lower my level of frustration as she stumbled through her words in an attempt to apologize. She was nice, but as unhelpful as could be. She wasn't even (or didn't try) to contact the lady to let her know she was wrong in the situation. This will way heavily in me and my wife not only continuing our new membership with Hyatt, but if we decide to recommend any of our relatives to say there during our 4th of July family reunion.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

This was my first experience with this hotel back in January. It was awesome! Very up-to-date tech. Very clean and the decor was worth of just a lobby visit. The rooms are mini suites. Has everything! There's not just a little table and extra chair. The couch is a sectional even has a huge ottoman/cocktail table. Huge flat panel that swerves for viewing from the bed or lounge area. The bathroom was kinda small... but hey there's really only 2 things you need to do in the bathroom, LOL... The sink is separate... did I mention the granite! This hotel is awesome. The bed... OMG! felt like what sleeping in heaven would be.... You practically melt in them. Overall this is a great place to stay if you just want to getaway for a night... with your significant other. Great location for shopping. Barnes and Noble is walking distance. Downside... it's by I-55... however... you can't hear the traffic. Worth every penny. Would recommend to friend, family, neighbor, and the person who I don't like. LOL

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
SpringHill Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Jackson/Ridgeland
TownePlace Suites Jackson Ridgeland/The Township at Colony Park
Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!