“May or may not warrant a 2nd visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Mint Restaurant and Bar
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Agency Road
The World
“May or may not warrant a 2nd visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I was paying my friend a visit in Jackson and as soon as I landed, we headed here. Out waiter seemed to have just gotten done with a BA table because he was distant at first but got better towards the end of the night. The prices were steeper than I would have liked but I decided to live a little. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits for $13.95 and my friend got the chicken and waffles. My shrimp and grits arrived surrounded by a pool of liquid which I was concerned about. However, the sauce tasted good and by the time I was done eating my food, the sauce was gone. Was it worth $13.95. Did it taste good? Yes. We got some beignets as well but those definitely had nothing on Café du Monde. Definitely not worth $6.95. Overall, the ambience was nice and the Bubble Bar aka bottomless mimosas was a good touch

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This place is nice for special occasion dining. Appetizers were as great as the service. My main entree was the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp w/ grit cake, this is not to be confused with shrimp and grits. The shrimp were ok, but the grit cake is something I'd never eat again. My suggestion is to stick to what you know. No suprises. Overall nice fancy spot.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“2nd time was as good as the 1st”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was my second dining expereience at Mint. The first time i was traveling alone on business and it was excellent all the way around. This time I was alos traveling on business but I brought my wife and 1 month old baby out with me. I was very pleased with how seamless the accommodations were for my family. The staff was great nad the food was Amazing. I had the turkey sandwich and shoestring fries nad my wife had the spinach salad with grilled chicken.

Visited October 2013
Vicksburg MS
“excellent food, just missing something”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stopped in for Sunday brunch and were told it was a 15-20 minute wait, though there were lots of empty tables. After leaning on the wall for 5 minutes or so, the hostess said, "There's actually no wait for a table in the bar if you want to eat there." If you have been to Mint you recognize that the bar and the rest of the restaurant are virtually indistinguishable from one another, so of course the bar was fine with us. The bartender waited on us and did an excellent job; we shared a delicious calamari appetizer and both had seared tuna salad with crispy garlic, shallots, and chili aioli, which was one of the best tuna preparations we have had anywhere. Had a very nice reasonably priced glass of Pinot Noir. All in all, it was a very pleasurable brunch, food and service wise, though there's still some pulling it all together yet to be done as far as the finishing touches that take a restaurant from good to great.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jackson, Mississippi
“Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Restaurant used to be nice and enjoyable. Had dinner with my husband early on a Thursday night. Temperature was uncomfortably warm. Waitress was horrible; she started out great then seemed to completely forget about the 2 tables she was serving. Redfish was edible but drowned in butter. Turkey sandwich was nothing special. Will not return.

Visited July 2013