“Great staff”

Cross street: Old Agency Road
Columbia, MD
“Great staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly, efficient staff. Checked back often. Did not rush the customer. The food was well prepared and hot on arrival

Visited April 2014

Hammond, Louisiana
“An excellent source of delight!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a marvelous restaurant! Wonderful society and atmosphere at this establishment. Fried green tomatoes are a must and their award winning beignets and sweet dips do indeed rival those delicious treats at New Orleans Café du Monde.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank CarolinaTravelGal
Jackson, Mississippi
“Disappointing Easter Brunch”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my 2nd visit in as many years. I really had little recall of my past visit. This visit will be imprinted in my memory, unfortunately, not a good one. Wife and I had 11am Reservations ahead of the usual mid-day crowd. When we arrived, the restaurant was very active but hardly packed (just like we hoped). We were seated almost immediately (good). Lots of Wait staff activity all around our table, but after 20 minutes (no kidding!) my Wife asked the Waiter at the next table, "Could you please get a Waiter for us?" to which he replied, "No one has helped you yet, I'm so sorry, let me find your Waiter and I'll get you some water (very good)." He immediately brought the water and a Waiter (excellent). Our Waiter inquired about drinks and we gave our order (excellent). When he returned, we placed our order (so far not bad). After about 20 more minutes (really!). a different Waiter brought our food (he was a very nice man and at least we can eat). The food however was very mediocre at best (even though we were extremely hungry by now). We ate our meal, paid our bill and left just after noon as the restaurant started getting busy. I feel that being left alone in the beginning was probably a Communication issue (not an unforgiveable situation, it happens to all of us). The mediocre food at any restaurant that charges good money for good service is however a concern that can be addressed by never returning, which IS my option of choice. Quality should be the Owner's only choice.

Visited May 2013
Brandon, MS
“Food was good, everything else average”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Ate there at lunch and had the redfish. Entree was very good. Sweet tea was a little off. Attentive service. Portions are average - you probably won't have leftovers! Atmosphere was nice. Just don't have a strong urge to revisit.

• Visited January 2014
The World
“May or may not warrant a 2nd visit”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I was paying my friend a visit in Jackson and as soon as I landed, we headed here. Out waiter seemed to have just gotten done with a BA table because he was distant at first but got better towards the end of the night. The prices were steeper than I would have liked but I decided to live a little. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits for $13.95 and my friend got the chicken and waffles. My shrimp and grits arrived surrounded by a pool of liquid which I was concerned about. However, the sauce tasted good and by the time I was done eating my food, the sauce was gone. Was it worth $13.95. Did it taste good? Yes. We got some beignets as well but those definitely had nothing on Café du Monde. Definitely not worth $6.95. Overall, the ambience was nice and the Bubble Bar aka bottomless mimosas was a good touch