“Absolutely the best inexpensive BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Pigskin
Ranked #67 of 148 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: They have delicious catfish!
Boise, Idaho
“Absolutely the best inexpensive BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I were very pleased with the best BBQ we may have ever had ever, and definitely the best we've ever had for $22! Great service, speedy meal delivery and wonderful taste. If you're in Jackson, you gotta come check out The Pigskin!

• Visited January 2014

Jackson, Mississippi
“Excellent Bar-B-Q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had lunch at The Pigskin today, January 9, 2014. I had the large rib plate. Along with that I had baked beans, and potato salad. I had a choice of a mayo based, or a mustard based potato salad. I had the mustard based potato salad, and it was very good. I think it was a nice touch to offer a choice. The ribs were some of the very best I have ever had - bar none. The environment was a football theme which I'm not crazy about, but, given the quality of the food, it really didn't matter. There were TV's, but they weren't "in your face" so you weren't forced to watch them. I will be going back, and anyone in the Ridgeland area should be encouraged to try the ribs. The tab was around $17, and for the amount of food, and the quality of the food, I felt that it was very reasonable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, so I felt that the service was very good. This place is head and shoulders above other bar-b-q restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Too good must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The ribs and smoked chicken are incredible! This is a hidden treasure that must be found, if your in the area it's the best!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best BBQ PORK IN TOWN!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

I love love love the BBQ Pork Sandwich Plate!!! If anybody remembers Tennessee Pit BBQ on the spillway it is the closest I have found to it! I eat here frequently and always order the BBQ Pork with the mild sauce but my family members order other stuff and say it is delicious as well. You gotta go eat here! It is addictive!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tdugas
Laurel, Mississippi
“OMG... !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We were going to another restaurant a block away... then we smelled the bbq from Pigskin. We actually left that restaurant and followed the smell. My sons had the chicken and I, the ribs. Let me tell you, it was G-O-O-D!!! Everyone was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. It's a little hole-in-the-wall (in the best possible sense: clean, yet down-home). The prices weren't bad either: three adult plates with drinks (dessert was included) was just under $40. I'm so glad I was just passing through--if I lived in the area, I'd be on team chunk forever!

• Visited March 2013