“Quality TexMex - Fresh!”

Sombra Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 148 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: From the fresh-squeezed limejuice and organic agave nectar in every margarita to the made-from-scratch corn and flour tortillas, Sombra focuses on the fresh, flavorful tastes that are at the core of our authentic food and drink. Whether it is a family reunion or a handmade cocktail with a friend at our vibrant bar, Sombra will serve your every need. In addition to the restaurant itself, Sombra offers a private room for up to 40 guests, two outdoor patios and take-out services. If you prefer to host your event at your venue, we'll bring the fiesta to you! Delivery and full-service catering options are available for groups of any size. Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu within your budget parameters, as well as assistance with rentals and execution of your event. Locally-owned by the same folks that brought you Amerigo and Char, Sombra Mexican Kitchen invites you to experience our passion for the flavor of old and new Mexico!
Tampa, Florida
“Quality TexMex - Fresh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am a regular at this restaurant every week and we absolutely love it. We usually sit on the back patio or at the bar. They have half price beer and margaritas until 6 all week that we love to take advantage off. I have had everything on the menu pretty much and it has all been delish, fresh, and quality food. No fast food mexican here - The cheese dip is not a soupy white dip like at a fast food mexican restaurant - its a thick creamy cheese with a few tomatoes and jalopenos, you can also get ground beef added to it which is awesome! The 5 layer dip is also a great appetizer- shredded chicken, beans, guac, sour cream, fresh sliced jalopenos, cheeses and more. The taco salad is also very good - and huge! If you want something a little more authentic go for the tamales! I have seen some reviews that say this place is "pricey" but this is NOT your typical 20 minute in and out mexican fast food place. This place uses fresh ingredients and quality ingredients. Also the food is much more sophisticated then a "Speedy Gonzales" platter. You get what you pay for.

• Visited May 2014

“Mexican cusine worth trying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

My average rating was based on a recent visit. We go there often to meet friends.Last year I had some concerns. This year seems to be improved.

Visited March 2014
Mississippi
“Good but Pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I went with our son and grandson to eat at this restaurant a few nights ago. The decor is nice, and the restaurant and bathrooms seem clean. The food is not your typical Tex/Mex fare, so don't go there expecting to find beef tacos, refried beans and rice, etc. My son ordered steak fajita, and my wife and I split a black bean tamale and vegetable quesadilla. He also ordered a kid's meal for the grandson and a separate black bean tamale meal for his wife. With drinks and tip, the total came to nearly $100. I will say that they're not stingy with the set up (chips and salsa), and the food was tasty. This wasn't the best experience we've had in a Mexican restaurant, but I don't regret the visit.

• Visited March 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went with a large private group. Instead of taking our orders separately he lumped all 40 together and had to split all checks at the end. It took an hour to get our checks. Aside from that very over priced and not worth it.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank LIsa B
Mississippi
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Loved the food, the service was slower than I would like, but not too bad. We all four said we definitely will return. The slow roasted pork was wonderful as was the tamales.

Visited February 2014