“great stopover place en route to New Orleans - dog friendly too”

Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Chicago
“great stopover place en route to New Orleans - dog friendly too”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stopped over here en route to New Orleans for Christmas. Rooms are reasonably priced, and the staff is very friendly. No surcharge for pets either. Room was clean and tidy, decent comfortable bed too. No breakfast facilities, but they did have coffee which is always a good thing. Restaurants nearby and also a Wendy's with a drive-through which is good if you don't plan to eat out and want to bring food in.

I accidentally left a duffle back in Chicago with all my toiletries, and the staff was really helpful in not only telling me where the nearest Target was, but also a pet store to get a new leash for my dog, who ate his on the trip (due to nerves).

will come back here again the next time we drive to New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
corinth
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel needs just a few small updates to the rooms.The heaters were filled with mold and the plastic vents on the unit were broken into pieces which caused rattling noises when turned on. The toilet after being flushed screeched of a high pitch for about 15 mins after use. The bedding comforter was out dated. It was 25 degrees when I stayed so the weather caused problems with my room door. Upon leaving my room my door wouldn't lock on its on. I had to leave my door unlocked temporarily to go and get the 1 clerk on duty to assist with locking my room when I would leave. I suggest just a few small investments and those updates an Red Roof would be a great "accommodating" hotel for the price! Customer service was 100% is why I stayed.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at this location for one night (the rate was definitely eye catching!) My fiancé was very skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and nice the Sup King rm was. Granted the hotel is not renovated or didn't appear to be but it was overall cool. Front desk lady, Tutti was nice and helpful in regards to what's available in the area and directions. Safe location.
Only thing...no continental breakfast!! Great coffee!! :)

Room Tip: Our rm was in the building with the office and we stayed in a Superior King.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

After reading some reviews I realize people want everything for nothing. No this hotel is not recently renovated but its clean! The people are nice and you can get a room for $40. Clean, comfortable, safe, reasonable. If you want thrills go pay $119 for the Hilton across the street and even there the thrills lack.

1 Thank katespring
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Hairs and spilled coffee in and on sink.
Flies in room.
Flithy floors.
Stains on walls.
Cigarette burned bed sheets.
Toilet cracked.
Staff knocked and tried to enter 5sec. Later didn't even give its a chance to open the door.
Room overall was nasty, borderline health hazard!
Key cards failed twice.
Rooms are WAY outdated.
I wouldn't stay here again if it were FREE! Absolutely gross

1 Thank um21canes
red128, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello! Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you recently experienced a problem at our location. I just want to confirm that you have the right location in Ridgeland considering we don’t use key cards at this location. I do want to apologize on behalf of the entire Red Roof Brand for your horrible experience. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while we explored jackson and vicksburg. We stayed in the "deluxe" room for the fridge and microwave and everything was great. My only complaint is the room servicing. Despite asking for a full service they only took some of our rubbish and changed towels.

Stayed December 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for your comments. We are pleased you had a good stay and felt the value was great! I do apologize that you were not informed of our Go Green policy at Red Roof Inn. Our cards that are placed on each bed of the room explains that unless requested otherwise we come in and tidy your room. We replace towels, toiletries, take out your trash and make up your bed. I am sorry you were not well informed of this information. We thank you again for being a guest under our roof and hope to see you again soon!
Milton, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

You can not beat both the price and location if you are looking to put your head on a bed while traveling. The hotel is located in an area with many different dinning options. The rooms are basic but provide you exactly what you need after your long day driving. There is coffee located near the check-in desk but not in the rooms. The beds are comfortable and the staff very helpful. You can pay a lot more and stay up the road but if you are just passing through this property is your best bet. Great value for your money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
red128, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you very much for your comments! The staff will be pleased to know you enjoyed your short stay. We continuously strive to ensure we offer all of our guests great service, a clean room, at an unbeatable price. We thank you for sharing your experience. Feedback from you makes our efforts worthwhile and we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you! We hope that you will return if you are in the area again.