Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwonderful staymsinternethighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My mom and I are on a long road trip and are in the business of cheap hotel rooms (just for sleeping). This one is the worst so far -- we got here late and the lady at the front was pretty curt and rude. Then we started unpacking our car and a bunch of people (including creepy looking men) were staring at us. We quickly ran up to our room, and I felt pretty unsafe. Once we got to the room, the light switch didn't work and only a few of the lights did, so we had to go and turn them each on manually. The room doesn't have a deadbolt either. The TV is old and the image is fuzzy on a lot of channels.
PROS:
The Wifi was fast for us but I guess it's spotty on the other side of the building.
Great price ($45 for two doubles)

Room Tip: Rooms on even side have good wifi (we were 204)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caty D
red128, Manager at Red Roof Inn Jackson North - Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I did want to inform, that this property is undergoing some changes to correct the issues you faced. Also, this property is undergoing renovation as we will soon have all the rooms updated to function accurately to guest standards. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Selected this hotel because of the free wifi and room rate. When we got to the room, wifi wasn't working so we called the desk. Was told wifi wasn't working and they thought it might be fixed tomorrow. I am taking an online course and had homework to do. We called ATT and they said that they would try to work on it ASAP. Asked where there was free wifi and they said Wendy's on the corner. So we will have to go to Wendy's for wifi as all our days were already paid for (we are staying 4 nights). Not off to a great start. I will continue the story tomorrow.

• Stayed: June 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us. I apologize that the internet was not working at the time of your stay. We did encounter some issues with the internet along with the wireless functionality and we were able to fix these issues. I hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I couldn't believe how polite and respectable all of the employees were. My room was by far the cleanest hotel room I've ever been to. I will definitely be recommending and coming back again!
The employee Quen went out of her way to help me out. She was absolutely the nicest front desk associate I've ever encountered. Props to Quen!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank JamminBen0206
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel needs work. I have been traveling across the US and have mostly been staying in budget accommodations. This is below expectations for budget accommodations. I researched the reviews on Tripadvisor and this was a highly rated hotel. I question the integrity of some of these reviews. Briefly, the hotel was not clean, the property was not maintained well, I did not receive maid service, the internet was extremely slow, and the key did not work properly. I don't know if it is typical to charge for the use of the safe, but this hotel required extra payment for its use. On a positive note, the desk staff was friendly and efficient. My advice to travelers is to avoid this hotel until the have done some work. My advice to the hotel is to do some maintenance on the rooms and quality checks on the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VictoryTraveler2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel can use some remodeling on both inside "SOME" of the rooms and the outside, but my room was very clean. The staff there is very outgoing and made me feel at home as soon as I walked through the door. I believe her name is Quan, sorry if I'm spelling it incorrect but she called us to make sure everything was okay in our room and printed out paperwork off of her computer for us for nearby attractions which was a great help and brought us towels in the bad storm. So we will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014