“Very nice place to stay, a little expensive, but very nice”

Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
toody703
“Very nice place to stay, a little expensive, but very nice”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a very nice hotel with very friendly staff and a beautiful decor. They seem to have many regulars as the staff greeted many people warmly and with their regular drinks and such. The dinner food was pretty good, but the breakfast was better. They were pretty busy while we were there and we never waited for food to be replentished. We had a suite that was very nicely appointed, clean and quiet. It's only about 15mins from downtown Jackson and the highway is very close. The only downsides we found were that they do not have jacuzzi rooms and there could be more parking spaces.

Room Tip: Reserve your room online and you'll receive the best discount.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a terrific place. Food great. Indoor pool, very clean, excellent service and they welcome big dogs

• Stayed February 2012
St. Louis
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We arrived for a one night stay and my 7 year old was ready for the pool. Headed down there and it was not heated, very cold! Hot tub was fine. Happy hour with food and drinks was great, don't forget to tip the bartender!!! We left early in the am so we didn't get breakfast. There were 3 of us in a 2 room suite and the rooms were very big. The couch and lazy boy, along with the lamps could use a serious update. Also, there was a lot of empty space on the suites walls, maybe some art work/pictures? Everything else was new and the hotel was just completing an upgrade. Easy access off highway 55 and close to a beautiful outdoor mall/restaurant area, two miles away.

Room Tip: Not sure the pool is heated!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan_the_man72
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us in our Jackson/Ridgeland location. As you mentioned, the property is coming to the end of a renovation. Now, all of our rooms have now received new couches and chairs and the new lamps are on the way. I am sure by the next time you return to the Jackson area we will be 100% complete. Thank you for taking the time out to bring your concerns to our attention and we hope to welcome you again.

Tim Ward
General Manager in Training
Drury Inn & Suites
610 East County Line Road
Ridgeland, MS 39157
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Drury is my hotel of choice when I travel to Mississippi for business or pleasure. The hotel staff is friendly. The cocktail hour and breakfast food is good. The rate are reasonable and the hotel is easy to access. Although the main elevator is slow, the other elevator is normal speed. Idid not heard any constrruction noise. Check in/out was timely and accurate.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My husband and I had been recommened to stay in Ridgeland, MS. This was our first time staying at a Drury Inn. What attracted us was the price and the availabilty of evening hot food ( including wine and alcoholic drinks) and a variety of breakfast foods. Although, the exercise room was small, it was adequate for using an exercise machine. The room was clean, but not as updated as other hotels we had stayed at recently.
But the price was right!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I found this hotel by using a site like this one. I am usually a Hilton Garden or Holiday Inn XP person. Glad I tried a new place. Kudos for the kickback! Breakfast was equal to others. I don't like traditional comforters on hotel beds - that was my only concern. Room was clean, bathroom looked pristine, staff members repeatedly greeted me.

Room Tip: I liked being in the front, near the elevator/view to look down on the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Norman, OK
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have stayed at the Drury in Ridgeland on multiple occasions, the last stay will be my last. The staff was rude and unhelpful the entire stay. Upon check in I was told that my room was paid for (which it was) after a 10 minute argument I was finally allowed to check in and given my key. The next morning when I asked what the issue with the credit card was and how to correct it the front desk said there was no issue with the card and everything was fine and has been fine. This type of behavior happened on almost every interaction with the front desk.

There was ongoing construction throughout the hotel. Construction noise started at 7:45 every morning, room was unclean during most of the stay. The main elevator runs slowly, so take the elevator in the back of the hotel (faster to walk to your room, then to wait on the main elevator). If you use the dryer in the laundry room, prepare to run it 3 times for one load of clothes to get dry, or else they will be moist. Breakfast was ok, best thing about it was it was free. The dinner was not good at all, same meals every night, baked potato/hotdogs/chicken.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I assure you that the service levels you experienced are not at all our standard. I know you have a choice when you are choosing lodging, and I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again. Again, I apologize that you experience was not an enjoyable one, but I appreciate your comments.

With Regards,

Autumn Simerson
Drury Inn & Suites - Jackson/Ridgeland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson Ridgeland
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!