“Great first stay, treated horribly on return visit”

Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is a very clean hotel, with an average breakfast served in the morning. Our family ALWAYS stays at this hotel. My husband gets an employee discount at various hotels which was honored four days prior, but on the return trip, it was not. We had driven an extra 2 hours to get to the hotel and arrived at midnight with two small boys (one of which was running a fever). We were told that the copy of his employment ID could not be accepted (despite the fact that it was accepted just 4 days prior). If the employee had been even slighty apologetic or sympathetic to our plight, we would have stayed despite the $50 difference. However, he was extremely condescending and stopped just short of accusing my husband of lying regarding his employment status. Needless to say, we were appalled to be treated this way and refused to stay. We contacted the management regarding our issue and I am dismayed to report that rather than recognizing that our complaint was about this particular employee's attitude towards our family, they instead apologized for "their inconsistencies" in accepting my husband's employee ID. They did provide us with an apology for his attitude and a voucher towards our next stay, which we appreciate, but I am not sure that we will return to this particular hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda S
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. I did have a good conversation with your husband, but also want to extend my apologies to you for the way the situation was handled. While it is our policy to verify authentic identification for the requested rate, we could have handled the situation in a different manner. I assure you that we have taken this as a training opportunity with the team to ensure that we deliver the best possible service experience for all our guests. I do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

With Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here June 1-2, 2012 for a bodybuilding competition my husband competed in (he won his division!). The staff was really great, the room was nice and the "kick-back" was really cool. The margaritas were a little too sweet but considering they were free of charge I didn't complain :) The most impressive thing to me was the staff of the kitchen area - easily the nicest ladies I've ever dealt with for hotel breakfast. They were so so so so polite and accommodating. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Choose this hotel b/c it was pet friendly,had to take the suite b/c that all that was avaliable...oh i forgot to mention that I got 2 rooms.ANYWAY!..the bed's were really uncomfrontable..the let out sofa hurt my son's back so bad he just had to sleep on the couch....had my daughter and grandson's in the other room...all cot's were gone so they made a palet on the floor!! The pool was extreamly dirty and crowded with screaming kids!!..only seen 1 parent down there and she was to busy on her phone that she wasnt paying attention to them...the greasy film in the pool was awful!..the breakfast was ok..biscuits was HARD...popcorn was burnt....and to top it off i paid $580.00 for this....left so early Sunday Morning,that I was able to cook my own breakfast at home..OHHH I FORGOT WE RAN OUT OF TISSUE FOR THE BATHROOM..HAD TO WALK ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT DESK TO GET IT!! NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience during your stay was not a pleasant one. We strive very hard to make each guest comfortable and happy during their stay with us. We know you have a choice in lodging, and we appreciate you choosing us. I hope that we at Drury Hotels will have another opportunity to serve you soon!

Warmest Regards,
Tim Ward
General Manager In Training

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have to spend a couple of nights a month in the Jackson Mississippi area. I look forward to those trips because the good folks at this great hotel make me feel so welcome.

Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We always stay at Drury Inns if it is available when traveling. We had to travel here to a Children's hospital and Drury gave us a special medical rate. The staff were soooo friendly and seemed genuine in their concerns for us. Kickbacks save you LOTS of $$$ if u take advantage of them. We really enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool that u get to swim under a wall to get in n out. It's so much fun and was a great way to get our minds off why we were traveling this particular time. Would absolutely recommend!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 March 2012

After my first review, I got a response from the manager, Autumn, who asked me to call her and discuss our stay. We had a very nice visit on the phone and when we returned to Ridgeland I again called her to visit prior to reserving a room. When we arrived, we had a super clean room and a sweet note from her waiting in our room. We have since visited on 2 occassions and have found the hotel to be very clean on both stays. As a bonus, they have added a nice, new, larger workout room with 2 eliptical machines, 2 treadmills, a bike, weight bench and a set of free weights.
We stayed 3 nights on this last trip and I have to say that I'm very impressed with the job Autumn is doing. We will, of course, come back when we are in the area.

Room Tip: There is a railroad track behind the hotel, which doesn't bother us, but if you're a light s...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stays with us and continue to return. I certainly appreciate your business, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ridgeland, MS.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Hotel was easily accessible from the Interstate with restaurants nearby. The room was clean and well appointed. The sign said newly remodeled and that seemed to be the case. The lobby was filthy and there were wet swimming pool towels in the elevator the whole weekend. There was also a trail of sticky something in the hallway from the breakfast bar to the door and it wasn't cleaned the entire weekend either. The bed was awesome though!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important to us, and I apologize that you had some concerns during your stay. Your comments will help us address these issues and improve our service to you. I appreciate your business, and I hope that we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon!

With Regards,

Drury Inn & Suites - Jackson/Ridgeland

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#12 of 16 in Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!