“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I love Drury Inn & Suites. This particular Drury has a very nice lobby. The rooms and bathroom are nice; but average. It's very clean. This Drury has the same great breakfast selection and nice dinner selection with drinks that all Drury Inn's have. I prefer Drury Inn & Suites out of all the hotels that I stay in. I ALWAYS look for a Drury Inn & Suites FIRST

Room Tip: This Drury is rather hard to get to. It's in a nice location, but busy traffic area. This Drur...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

We are from Cape Girardeau area where the owners originate so we like to patronize Drury when
we go out of town. Headed to the gulf on vacation. Clean rooms, drinks and snacks in the evening and big breakfast before leaving.

Room Tip: Great values and perks for your money!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

My husband use to stay here quite frequently while he worked in Jackson. We ( my family of 5) decided to come down and see him while he was here. They said they were booked Online for the dates he requested. He called and they put us in a two room suite for all but one night. They told us to ask the morning if check out if anyone had cancelled and maybe we could stay. We did, but no rooms so we had to change hotels for the last night of our stay. But they tried to help!
Upon arriving in our room, my husband mentioned that it had been updated. It was clean, spacious, and the king bed was comfortable. Sofa sleeper not so much, but fine for kids. An employee named Delbert, I believe, called right away to make sure we were satisfied. He was very friendly the whole weekend. As a matter of fact all the housekeeping and kitchen staff were very friendly.
The only comment my husband made was while checking to stay another night, the lady didn't even try. She simply said they were booked by over two rooms. He said to me, if Delbert were down there, he would have at least tried to look in the computer.
Food was typical drury food, good and my kids love it!
Pool was good. Small but good. Clean.

• Stayed July 2012
Lompoc, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The lobby and rooms looked good and were clean. A lock on the bathroom door would have been nice. We took advantage of the free evening drinks, a little limited on the variety but hey it's free! My daughter loved the pool and how it went under the wall and was both an indoor and outdoor pool. The free breakfast added to the great value. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

This place is. It the five star Ritz-Carlton, but they are five star on hospitality and kindness. Room was as expected and it was quiet despite being well occupied.

• Stayed July 2012
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is a very clean hotel, with an average breakfast served in the morning. Our family ALWAYS stays at this hotel. My husband gets an employee discount at various hotels which was honored four days prior, but on the return trip, it was not. We had driven an extra 2 hours to get to the hotel and arrived at midnight with two small boys (one of which was running a fever). We were told that the copy of his employment ID could not be accepted (despite the fact that it was accepted just 4 days prior). If the employee had been even slighty apologetic or sympathetic to our plight, we would have stayed despite the $50 difference. However, he was extremely condescending and stopped just short of accusing my husband of lying regarding his employment status. Needless to say, we were appalled to be treated this way and refused to stay. We contacted the management regarding our issue and I am dismayed to report that rather than recognizing that our complaint was about this particular employee's attitude towards our family, they instead apologized for "their inconsistencies" in accepting my husband's employee ID. They did provide us with an apology for his attitude and a voucher towards our next stay, which we appreciate, but I am not sure that we will return to this particular hotel again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda S
, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. I did have a good conversation with your husband, but also want to extend my apologies to you for the way the situation was handled. While it is our policy to verify authentic identification for the requested rate, we could have handled the situation in a different manner. I assure you that we have taken this as a training opportunity with the team to ensure that we deliver the best possible service experience for all our guests. I do hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

With Regards,

Autumn Simerson
Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here June 1-2, 2012 for a bodybuilding competition my husband competed in (he won his division!). The staff was really great, the room was nice and the "kick-back" was really cool. The margaritas were a little too sweet but considering they were free of charge I didn't complain :) The most impressive thing to me was the staff of the kitchen area - easily the nicest ladies I've ever dealt with for hotel breakfast. They were so so so so polite and accommodating. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgeland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Jackson - North/Ridgeland
#1 of 38 in Jackson
Staybridge Suites Jackson
Staybridge Suites Jackson
#11 of 16 in Ridgeland

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!