“First class restaurant and rib eye steak meal”

Shapley's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 156 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is a first class restaurant. I had the 24oz rib eye steak special, it was cooked to perfection and was the best steak I've ever tasted. The entire meal, service and setup was superb.

It also has an intimate element, with tables arranged for privacy, which is nice for business or an intimate social evening.
I would highly recommend.

3  Thank Ian W

Reviewed 13 March 2014

By far, one of the best steaks I have ever had. It was tender as Blue Bell ice cream. The ambiance is great. I almost forgot I was in Jackson MS. Try the lemon box pie for dessert.

3  Thank fremelb2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This is flat out the best steak restaurant I have found in MS. Great service, food and OK price. Great for a special occasion

3  Thank marciekaputnik
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had heard several people say Shapleys was excellent.

I personally think that Char is far superior and Tikos is a much better value.

I took my girlfriend their on new years eve. My steak was good but like I said earlier Char is better. My girlfriend had the tuna steak which was terrible, a weird combination of olive oil, yellow and red sauce and the presentation was a joke.

The crab claws were very small and the cocktail sauce tasted like catchup.

The asparagus was cold and they were gracious enough to serve us exactly 4 small asparagus each. Seriously, could you not afford to be a little more generous?

All this for a meal that was about $150. I have no desire to go back especially with Char and Tikos just down the street.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Go here for steaks. Seafood is very good, but Shapley's serves the best steaks from central central Mississippi to the coast. The filet cut is as good as, and at times is better than, any like cut I've experienced in any other steak restaurant in the country. The service also is consistently dependable and attentive.

2  Thank Eddy35