“awesome dinner...but pay with cash not card.”

Amerigo Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 149 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: County Line Road
Description: For over 25 years, Amerigo has been a local Jackson favorite. Authentic Italian pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. And if your tastes veer toward wine, you'll find everything from affordable, every day wines to single vineyard varietals from Piedmont to Sicily. Amerigo serves lunch and dinner daily, as well as brunch on Sunday. Early bird is available daily between 4-6pm, and we offer over 15 gluten-free dishes to choose from. We also cater! Our Sales Manager will work with you to create a customized menu for your special event. Delivery and full-service catering options are available.
Brandon, ms
“awesome dinner...but pay with cash not card.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had an exquisite time dining at Amerigo. The bread was hot and tasty. My wife had the ceasar salad and a glass of moscato,which she enjoyed very much. My chicken tuscany was so good I almost ordered a second one to go! Awesome meal, only downside was that my credit card was charged twice by a swipe-happy waitress,tying up funds in my account for several days. Next time i'll be sure to bring cash.

Brandon, MS
“Not sure what has happened”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

In the past we always had excellent service from Amerigo. This time not so much. We arrived at about 5:30pm to avoid the wait times later in the evening. We were seated immediately which I thought was great. Our waiter came shortly after. We already knew what we wanted so we ordered our drinks and meal right then. After receiving our drinks, it was as if the waiter disappeared. Someone else brought out our meal. We had to ask another (from another table) waiter multiple times about drink refills. We even had to ask the same waiter if he could bring our check. As I mentioned previously, we have never had this type of service before. Hopefully it was just a fluke night for us. I love the food at Amerigo and will certainly give it another go unless we experience the same service.

• Visited May 2014
Terry B, General Manager at Amerigo Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
SGIBound,
I saw your recent review regarding Amerigo and wanted to take a second to respond, and apologize for the unsatisfactory service you experienced. Of course, we depend on customer feedback to let us know how we can improve, and I appreciate that you took the time to point this out. We do pride ourselves on great customer service, so it was disappointing to learn we dropped the ball. If you remember your server's name I hope you can provide me with that information so I can follow up with them specifically. Also, if you would give me your address, I would love to send you a gift certificate so that you can come back another time and give us the opportunity to get things right. Since you are a repeat customer, I know you are familiar with our standards and our desire to make things right. Again, thanks for taking the time and I hope to hear back from you at your convenience.

Terry Burt
Amerigo Italian Restaurant
terry.burt@amerigo.net
jackson,ms
“Predictably Good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A good restaurant for a business lunch. The food is always above-average, the prices are reasonable and they are fast.

This restaurant is very well managed.

Brandon, Mississippi
“revisited”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I ate at Amerigos last night and it was really good. Shrimp scampi was great, and the shrimp bisque was really good, as always. Our waiter Brian was very efficient and attentive. The early bird special was available with many choices. Portions were very large. Tarimasu to go topped off a really great meal.
Bathrooms are always very clean.

“Wonderful Italian”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

16 of us ate here to celebrate graduating law students. I cannot tell you which meal was better than another as each one we sampled was delicious. Flavors were well blended, sauces were perfect and service was impeccable. Servings were large and well balanced.

Visited May 2014