“Excellent Fish and Chicken”

Cock of The WALK Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 153 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World Famous U.S. Pond raised Fried Catfish!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

At first I was put off, because they only serve fish or chicken. But one bite and I was sold. The food and the service was excellent. The fried pickles were great!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This location is beautiful, with a view of the lake. It was crowded, and we waited quite a while for our table. The eatery is a bit gimmick-y in that the food is served on metal tins and the waiters are attired in a suspenders and hat get-up...the other gimmick is that you have basically no choice as to what you eat. Fried catfish or fried chicken.

Cornbread is flipped and served hot at the table and was indeed, very good. We had 4 adults and 2 kids at our table and we were only brought one pan of cornbread. It wasn't enough. We also ordered a pot of greens which were tasty.

The catfish is dished up on a big platter and everyone helps themselves. The fish were hot and tasty, but nowhere near the best I have ever tasted. They only serve local fish, a fact they are proud of, but to me, they are not as tasty as the commercially grown fish you find at most catfish places.

All in all, it is a relatively fun place to dine. It's not a typical stodgy seafood restaurant, but puts a little fun into the meal. However, the meal was certainly not memorable in any way.

1  Thank sweetsinclaire
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Took my wife out to eat for her birthday. We were in town and we have always loved to go to Cock of the Walk. Well lets just say I have never paid for such service in my life. I only hope this was an off night. I am assuming it was not because not only was our server rude and indifferent so was the lady at the cash register. It was like we were a bother or something. I think management needs to revisit the fact if you don't have customers you don't make money if you don't make money you have no job. It would be a shame to see this once great and fum place to go under. Good luck and I really hope things change.

4  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had to wait 1 hour. No one was here then another hour for food. Never again! Got her at 6 didn't leave till 10

1  Thank Holly H
Reviewed 1 May 2014

OMG. This place was awesome. There are 2 meats on the menu - Fried Chicken or Fried Catfish. If you are on a diet or watching your figure don't come here. It was my cheat day, so that's why I came and I was HAPPY. If you just like good down south cooking this is the place to come. I had the catfish, greens, onion rings, coleslaw, cornbread, pickled onions and ice tea... Needless to say I was full for the rest of the day and half the next. I had everything i listed and my bill came to $16.95. I WAS SHOCKED! That would have been a $45 meal back home. This place is worth it and everything was EXCELLENT!

1  Thank Wendy B