“Best bartender and strongest drinks in town”
Review of Little Tokyo

Little Tokyo
Ranked #36 of 148 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bartender and strongest drinks in town”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Todd the bartender rocks!!! Pours before adding ice to drinks....u get your moneys worth and more !!! Sushi is very good a well...

1 Thank Barry C

“Always good, always consistent”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have been going to Little Tokyo for many years. We moved away 7 years ago, but went back with some friends recently. The food is still fantastic and they still have all my favorite sushi rolls, better than ever. What a great surprise. The owner served us at the bar, which was a very nice treat. Keep it up Little Tokyo. We'll be back soon.

• Visited January 2014
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Teppanyaki Grill - good food - relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have gone to Little Tokyo for sushi for awhile but earlier this year tried their teppanyaki for the first time. It has now become our choice. The Chefs, while not the flashiest I have seen, are still fun and entertaining. As such, it's a popular spot for families and birthday groups, which can make the Grill portion of the restaurant crowded sometimes. The food is seasoned well and the portions are ample. All teppanyaki meals include Miso soup, a small salad and some vegetable tempura. On our last visit my wife and I had the Seafood Teppanyaki (shrimp and scallops). Very tasty and more than we could finish. The small bar features a limited wine and beer selection but all the "usual suspects" ( Bud, Sapporo, Asahi) can be found. A casual, reasonably priced meal option with a friendly atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013
Jackson, Mississippi
“It was good, but I have had much better”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had lunch in Little Tokyo today. I had some sushi, and spicy grilled shrimp. The sushi was just ok. It used to be a lot better. The fish tasted old. The spicy grilled shrimp had a good flavor, but they were hard to eat, and I finally had to eat them with my fingers. The shells were still on the shrimp, and the shells had the grill marks. They, however, were greasy. It is customary to receive a damp towell with which to wipe off fingers. I watched other tables receive one, and I finally asked for one when I finished. I was afraid to ask for a finger bowl. When I ordered the sushi, I tried to keep the menu, but it was takes away. In order to order the shrimp, I had to ask for the menu again. Then I wanted to look at the menue more, but it was taken away again. Overall, for what I had, it was a little pricy. $23.33 for the sushi, shrimp and tea. Had the sushi been better, that would have been ok. I will probably go back, but I will have to warn anyone who asks me about the place. There is no justification for more than an average rating for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
Brandon, Florida
“Yummy”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Have been going to LT for years. The food has always been EXCEPTIONAL. Todd the bartender is wonderful. You can order sushi at his bar but not the Teppan. He is very knowledgeable about the menu and serves really great drinks too. A great place to become a regular. The Teppan has alway been very good with ample portions, My favorite is the LT Marina with a side steak, YUM! Mondays can be pretty busy at the bar so you might want to decide on another night. Todd always has his regular's drinks waiting for them when they come in. Unfortunately the original owners sold the business over a year ago but they still remain consistant with the quality of the food that is prepared.

• Visited August 2012